Attaching Manifold to Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc:
I have never seen halcyon valves before but those dip tubes look scary if you are PP blending nitrox.

I have the same question: why are they dangerous??

Thank you

So why don't you go and redesign all scuba valves since they are a problem anyway be your admission? Do everyone a favor and go look at one before you spew this BS about a valve you admittedly know nothing about.

wedivebc:
The three components of oxygen service is O2 clean, O2 compatable and O2 design. Although scuba valves by nature don't meet the criteria of O2 design this is a definate design flaw with regard to oxygen service. You might be OK with it but the fact that you feel 2 holes in the dip tube is less of a hazard indicates you don't truly understand the issue.

Dan Gibson:
So why don't you go and redesign all scuba valves since they are a problem anyway be your admission? Do everyone a favor and go look at one before you spew this BS about a valve you admittedly know nothing about.
No BS, it's all covered in any gas blending course (or at least it should be).
So I can only assume you must own shares in Halcyon. :confused:

On the halcyon manifolds. This dip tube thing must be new. My 2002 vintage manifold has straight dip tubes.

I also agree about about the gas flow concerns. Although scuba valves are bad (all valves for that matter), adding more bends simply adds more surface area for the frictional heating etc. Vavles may be bad but the valve + dip is worse. Whether it matters, probably not is most cases. It just that one case that makes that effects you that you would care about.

I have 2002 vintage and they are as pictured; not straight.

in_cavediver:
On the halcyon manifolds. This dip tube thing must be new. My 2002 vintage manifold has straight dip tubes.

I also agree about about the gas flow concerns. Although scuba valves are bad (all valves for that matter), adding more bends simply adds more surface area for the frictional heating etc. Vavles may be bad but the valve + dip is worse. Whether it matters, probably not is most cases. It just that one case that makes that effects you that you would care about.

Dan Gibson:
I have 2002 vintage and they are as pictured; not straight.

Does your's have the 'H'? Mine doesn't. (actually, my Halcyon is a dead clone of the Sea Elite. (picked that one up new for $100).

No $%@& sherlock, but I guess that part about technique (i.e speed of fill for those having trouble following) means nothing. btw, you are going to love the new dip tubes on the newer single valves. Four holes. Those of us using those valves are going to blow themselves up for sure.

Shares in Halcyon? I confess! Shhh...please don't tell the owners of Halcyon I have a stake in their company. There is no pulling the wool over your eyes :shakehead

wedivebc:
No BS, it's all covered in any gas blending course (or at least it should be).
So I can only assume you must own shares in Halcyon. :confused:

No. I picked up two around June or July of 2002. I believe they were effectively the same as Sea Elite at that time. Now days, Halcyon will tell you there are differences in threads IIRC.

in_cavediver:
Does your's have the 'H'? Mine doesn't. (actually, my Halcyon is a dead clone of the Sea Elite. (picked that one up new for $100).

Let's not get nasty, gentlemen.

The Kraken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom