Attaching inflator hose??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradJ:
Wow! So you should never exhaust through the inflator hose with a wing.
I've been diving with one for a few months now and also wondered about the bungee connection so far down the hose.
My question is, so if you should only exhaust through the dump valve at all times, and the dump valve only works while horizontal. How do you exhaust on the surface before descending?

You should use whichever dump is easiest in the position you're in, i.e. the pull dump while horizontal and the shoulder dump while heads up/vertical (on the surface essentially).

Scott, you might also try adjusting the bungie "higher" so you can use your shoulder dump horizontally, or only run your inflator hose through the bungie, that's the way I do it.

Ben

Big-t-2538:
Not roll your body necessarily....but actually move the wing with your hand slightly so the dump valve isn;t pointing down....

The first time I tried a wing, this was the hardest thing for me to learn...how to dump....during fundys, there were a couple great shots of me 45 degrees inverted trying to work the valve on the wing....kind of comical really.

It will come with practice.
Sounds good. Can't wait to get wet and make a fool.....ehhh I mean dive. :satisfied

OneBrightGator:
Scott, you might also try adjusting the bungie "higher" so you can use your shoulder dump horizontally, or only run your inflator hose through the bungie, that's the way I do it.

Ben
With the transpac there is a velcro loop that sits farily high but that makes the u-shape really bad so I do not use that. I think I had bungee still to far up. I am going to try it a little looser and more towards the I/D valve that way when I do use it, it will not make the u-shape and hold air. I am going to practice with the rear dump more also.

Thanks

I've never had an issue with dumping with my inflator hose. The bungee will stretch, and you just have to tug it up so the mechanism is higher than your wing. But of course it depends where the air is in your wing. If your back is angled to a point where the air is in the bottom of the wing, then a little roll to the side and the bottom dump will work. If your trim is even, or you drop your knees a tad, you can dump with the inflator.

Personally I prefer the inflator as I can hear how much air gets released a little better.

Spectre:
I've never had an issue with dumping with my inflator hose. The bungee will stretch, and you just have to tug it up so the mechanism is higher than your wing. But of course it depends where the air is in your wing. If your back is angled to a point where the air is in the bottom of the wing, then a little roll to the side and the bottom dump will work. If your trim is even, or you drop your knees a tad, you can dump with the inflator.

Personally I prefer the inflator as I can hear how much air gets released a little better.
Thanks for the tips. I'm pretty sure my problem boiled down to two things (sure wish I could have video taped it). One, I'm sure I was less than horizontal at the time and two, I think I had the bungee to far up the hose. Problem two was easy to fix, problem one, well............

BradJ:
Wow! So you should never exhaust through the inflator hose with a wing.

Really??? Well, damn, I guess Ive been doing it wrong for the last five years...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom