Attaching hard weights to shoulders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've found that weight pockets tend to slide around a bit more than the bungee method, but that may just be the webbing on my harness.

Diverite has weight pockets with a built in locking triglide. It doesnt move. It's called a travel weight pocket. It actually comes in two versions. One with the triglide and one with Velcro tabs. Rated for four pounds although we have used with up to six pounds.

I use a different type of weight pouch on my shoulders when I dive single tank backmount. For that configuration, I use two pounds on each shoulder. The Diverite travel pouches are too big for 2 pounders, so I use smaller pouches.

Last edited:
A loop of bungee long enough can sip through the slot in the weigh, puled behind the webbing, then stretched back over the weight will securely hold a normal square hard weight on webbing.

Here's how I do it:

full?d=1358002839.jpg

full?d=1358002838.jpg

full?d=1358002838.jpg

full?d=1442787599.jpg

full?d=1358002837.jpg

@The Chairman - I *thought* I'd remembered seeing a post about your method before but I couldn't find the post. Thanks!

ETA: how do you make that knot? I'm clueless on knots. LOL

No because the tape is around the pouch and very little on the harness.

I've found that weight pockets tend to slide around a bit more than the bungee method, but that may just be the webbing on my harness.

I've mine bungeed to D-ring triglides: single tank BP&W but the same weight-on-shoulders setup. They do slide around otherwise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom