Atomic X1 Blade Fins for Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marjsyd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, any feedback on using the X1 for Sidemount Tec. Looking at the old school Jet Fins and the X1 as a modern alternative. I have been using Hollis F2 and find they are not great for different kick styles. Does anyone have any feedback on the X1 for Tec ... much appreciated...

Think about going to either an aquatec / UDT fin or the deep 6 eddy fin. You need a fin with a high/wide sidewall to back kick effectively. The X1 is also really plasticy and was never designed for what you want. It was designed as a price point product to compete with cheaper recreational fins.

i don't think the diverite fins have a particularly high sidewall, but i use them to back kick pretty briskly. It's just a matter of technique.

my concern with the X1 fins (that i didn't realize until i bought some) is the downward bend of the blade at the toe will reduce how wide the blades can go before the power stroke of the frog kick. For this reason, the fins have been hanging in my garage for over a year, never wet. I think you really want something that is flat - like the jets and such, also the divert fins and mares quattros, all popular and very effective for all the kicks you'll want to use for technical diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom