atomic venom mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scorcher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone tried atomic venom mask? I have trouble with masks leaking. This mask had a good review but people complained about the mask fogging up. Has anyone tried it?

Yes, good mask , some people love them.
But after a long process the choice for me [and only for me] was between the Scubapro Solo, or the Scubapro Synergy Trufit.
The Trufit won out, I have face fuzz and this was the best seal and fit, I was willing to pay more for the Atomic but as you know seal and fit is EVERYTHING in a mask.
I have had a $49 backup mask fit better then a $140 "big brand name", not perfect , but enough to finish the dive.
The Solo is now my backup, a toss up between the two.
And No, I don't work for Scubapro, I do have a lot of their gear.

I use the Venom. Its the mask that has fit me the best. The atomic frameless fit me pretty good too.

I've tried other masks in search of a white one (Apeks, and Tusa Paragon) but they all leak.

No fogging problems, that is more about prep and maintenance.

For me I just threw mine in the garage. I do believe I got one from a early batch that were notorious for leaking. Didn’t ruin my dive trip last year but it was aggravating as ####.

So I returned to my very first mask: the Atomic Subframe but this time in black with lime(yellow actually)accents.

My original Atomic Subframe fell apart as it was 8 years old. Just should have left well enough alone but went for the shiny latest and non-so greatest model instead of what worked.

My wife and I each dive an Atomic Aquatics Venom Frameless mask. She has rather deeply pronounced nasolaboal folds (what she would call "fat cheeks") to the point that when she smiles the seal on every other mask we have tried pulls away from her face and allows water in the exact area of those creases. The Atomic Aquatics Venom Frameless mask is the only one she has found that keeps water out when she smiles.

Since we are quite rigorous about diving identical equipment, I bought one, too. I wasn't expecting to see much of a difference from other masks, but I have noticed that the Venom does not leak as much around my beard and mustache as other masks do. Whether that's coincidence or self-fulfilling prophecy I can't say.

Bottom line is, we love them and if it allows my wife to smile and laugh underwater without having to be frustrated over clearing her mask non-stop, it's totally worth it.

I think I own about 8 masks and am still looking for one that doesn't leak. I could start a freaking museum.

Atomic Frameless Venom has a dual-molded silicone skirt with a "gummy worm" like outer skirt. I have found it seals really nice even with a beard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom