Atomic T3 Regulator - Still worth the money in 2018?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it true the atomic t3 is not a full titanium reg? as compared to say a scuba pro mk25t eco/s620x-ti?

I cannot seem to find more info online regarding the t3 wrt this particular point. Anyone able to shed a light? Thank you.

@aleus :

Neither the MK25-S620Xti or T3 have 100% titanium construction. Both have titanium first stages and with plastic second stages that features a titanium air barrel. The T3 has a titanium demand lever, while the S620Xti has stainless steel demand lever. The piston in the Scubapro is steel (I believe stainless steel), while the T3 has a piston made from Monel. There are small parts (springs/orifices) in the second stage air barrel, which are made of steel. The T3 "might" have an orifice made with Monel.

Hope this helps.

@aleus :

Neither the MK25-S620Xti or T3 have 100% titanium construction. Both have titanium first stages and with plastic second stages that features a titanium air barrel. The T3 has a titanium demand lever, while the S620Xti has stainless steel demand lever. The piston in the Scubapro is steel (I believe stainless steel), while the T3 has a piston made from Monel. There are small parts (springs/orifices) in the second stage air barrel, which are made of steel. The T3 "might" have an orifice made with Monel.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. The price difference between the two is quite significant.

i found a couple of MK11T's from Japan that are awesome. Have you thought about looking overseas for something?

Thank you. The price difference between the two is quite significant.

Both, Scubapro & Atomic, regulators breathe exceptionally well. They have some functional differences that might sway you toward one or another. The Scubapro has a manually actuated venturi switch, while the Atomic has this feature adjusted by depth (AFC). The Atomic second stages have the seat saving orifice, which extends the life of the low pressure seat. You do need to exercise care when rinsing/soaking an Atomic regulator, as water "may" migrate back into the first stage.

Owned both models but stayed with Atomic. They breathe just a tad bit lighter (might just be me/placebo). I preferred not messing with the venturi switch, especially with dry gloves. Have the tools to service Atomic regulators & can source service parts for them. Can't find SP service kits online.

Some food for thought though. My B2s breathe identically to my T2/T3.... Purchased my Atomics pre-owned from members on this board and the SP MK25TI/S620Xti through key-person pricing. Not sure I would pay MSRP for either regulator.

Back
Top Bottom