Atomic sv2 vs Tusa hyperdry elite 2 vs Scubapro spectra dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StevanG

New
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking into getting one of these for both snorkeling and diving. Was wondering if anyone here has any experience with these and what are your thoughts on em. So far what I've gathered is that Scubapro old version was defective. Dont know have they fixed it by now.

Haha must match ofc! Well i am leaning towards it i dont mind paying for it just was wondering mabey dry ones are more enjoyable to use

I have the SV2 also and I like it just fine for snorkeling. I stopped using it for diving right after I finished my OW certification.

If I feel the need to carry a snorkel when diving, I put the XS Scuba Cargo Snorkel in a pocket. It rolls up nicely. The breathing tube is made out of silicone, so it flattens and rolls up, but still expands back into a tube when you unroll it.

Amazon.com : XS Scuba Snorkel Cargo : Diving Snorkels : Sports & Outdoors

Knowing what I know now, I would probably buy the XS Scuba snorkel first and use that until such time as I found I wanted something "better". However, I have to admit that since I have had the XS Scuba snorkel I have not actually USED it. In fact, so far (in my admittedly somewhat limited experience), I have never actually used a snorkel when in the water for scuba diving.

I had a fold up pocket snorkel once, the one time I went to use it had split, presumably from being folded. Nice. The only time my snorkel gets time out from storage is when doing liveaboards, need something to do during SI. I've not used a snorkel when diving for many, many years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom