Atomic second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwood

Registered
Reaction score
The Atomic regulators have what they call a "seat saving orifice" on the second stage. The orifice only contacts the rubber seat when the reg is pressurized. Would this lead to the risk of water backing up through the regulator if it were soaked without being pressurized? (Just like rinsing a second stage with the purge button pushed in). I talked to my LDS who sells them and they said they had never thought of that possibility but had never seen any probs result from soaking them just like any other reg. Can anyone tell me why water wouldn't back up through the reg if it is rinsed nonpressurized? Thanks

Dive Tech West - Ask for Tim (or Micky)

I haven't been able to stump them yet ... I haven't seen anything yet they haven't been able to fix or at least point you in the right direction on. The reason I like them so much is they are a REPAIR ONLY facility, so guess what they specialize in - REPAIR .. hehe

[sm]Tell them we sent you and ya never know what kind of hook up you'll get... We have been talking to them about working out some special deals for NDI members.[/sm]

=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom