Atomic regulator sales online now allowed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if the re sale value will be compromised after the market is flooded?

Vicente:
Up here in NorCal Atomic dealers are scarcer than hen's teeth.

Plus the Atomic page lists several supposed dealers in my area, that have actually been out of business or dropped the product years ago. I feel all alone...... I have found Dolphin Scuba in Sacramento that can do the service on my Z1 though.

Now if I could go buy the Z2 or M1 I want off an e-tailer, and have it factory-warrantied, I'd be happy.

Vicente: You make a very good point. In an earlier post I mentioned that direct fullfillment from store to customer is the "only" way. I was wrong. After studying: www.shopatron.com/on/bm_coex.php
I can see that their model has merit. Having Atomic Aquatics recognize e-commerce as a valuable tool is a very good step. As Phil Ellis pointed out, it will not be long before the rest of the industry follows suit in some fashion. We wish all the LDS owners well. Looks like 2007 will mark a weather change for our industry.

LOG-SPLITTER:
I predict that the atomic line is going to go down hill from here fast!

They will be saturating the market and the atomic line will eventually loose there exclusive name. A very sad day for us atomic owners.

I’m going to sell mine because I see my regs loosing deprecation fast !!

Did you buy your regs as an investment or to go diving???? I'm not sure I understand your objection to Atomic's attempt to make its product more widely available.

This is all whistling past the graveyard for many LDS's and some manufacturers. Trying to erect & maintain artificial channel barriers against larger market forces (price competition, more efficient distribution methods, price/feature transparency, etc.) is futile. In the not too distant future the customer (remember them?) will be able to buy what they want the way they want to buy it. The dive industry is many years behind other industries who long ago figured out: let the customer pick the channel. Of course, some excellent LDS's will figure out how to thrive in this new world -- but make no mistake: full internet sales of ALL products anywhere, anytime is coming.

awap:
Did you buy your regs as an investment or to go diving???? I'm not sure I understand your objection to Atomic's attempt to make its product more widely available.

I was thinking the same thing. "Investment"?

ippy01:
This is all whistling past the graveyard for many LDS's and some manufacturers. Trying to erect & maintain artificial channel barriers against larger market forces (price competition, more efficient distribution methods, price/feature transparency, etc.) is futile. In the not too distant future the customer (remember them?) will be able to buy what they want the way they want to buy it. The dive industry is many years behind other industries who long ago figured out: let the customer pick the channel. Of course, some excellent LDS's will figure out how to thrive in this new world -- but make no mistake: full internet sales of ALL products anywhere, anytime is coming.

ippu01: Of course, you are right on. After years of "finger in the dike" thinking the SCUBA manufacturers/distributors are, finally, moving forward and recognizing the full power of the www. The last of the old style thinking will fold soon now that Atomic has, at least, made some effort to help their retailers sell and service using the channel of e-commerce. As you have pointed out, some excellent LDS owners have already done so.

fishb0y:
Somehow I don't think that the over-priced Atom regulator will be any cheaper online.
I never really thought that Z1/Z2 was over priced. I did get mine for far less than MAP but that doesn't change the fact that it is less than many comparable regs.

~Jess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom