Atomic Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one thing I DIDN'T get was a copy of the ad!

:D

What magazine is that in?

In Dive Training (october 2007 for that scan)

I wanted to make a thread to find if these quotes were real but I found them with the SB search so it was no fun :wink: (damm you scubaboard search engine!!!)

I remembered your nick (RJP) so I knew it might be real, altough the first quote (from S.L.) seemed a bit too much like an advertisement for Atomics. He could be an insider though (it's a conspiracy man!!!)

I remembered your nick (RJP) so I knew it might be real...

Funny thing is that when the ad first ran they spelled my initials wrong - RPJ.

:D

I have the Atomic Subframe mask and I trully feel it delivers... I have been using it for over one year with about 50 dives all in Monterey, no problems whatsoever...

Now here is the question, what back up mask would you keep in your pocket for emergency? All opinions are welcomed...

I'm looking for very low volume for clearing purposes... I saw this really tiny mask that almost looks like a batman mask... I tried it on and it feels great and has a super low volume of air within it...

Cannot really remember the brand but if I do I will post a picture...

MG

P.S
I found the picture.... It's made by Cressi...

CSBMM.JPG

Last edited:
Now here is the question, what back up mask would you keep in your pocket for emergency? All opinions are welcomed...

I'm looking for very low volume for clearing purposes...

Since you're already an Atomic fan, the Frameless is low volume and folds pretty flat

Since you're already an Atomic fan, the Frameless is low volume and folds pretty flat

+1

The frameless folds flatter than anything else I've come across. I've got one on my face and one in my pocket, so I guess you could say I have NO backup mask, but I do have TWO primary masks.

Thanks,

Looks like I'll pick up a framless Atomic and place it in my Drysuit pocket...

Thanks,

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeguerrero

I'm looking for very low volume for clearing purposes...

Purchase a Promate Frameless for 30 bucks. Excellent copy of the original Scubapro model. Folds flat as a flounder. Money in your pocket.

http://sporting-goods.search-desc.e...rgnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunknown

Clean lens thoroughly (fog).

Anyone have experience w/custom prescription lenses on these masks? Does the ultra low volume design leave enough room for bonded bi-focals?

I have the sub-frame with bifocals and they work fine. I do get a little bubble of water under my nose all the time and which is a nuisance. I also get a bit of pressure of the lens against the bridge of my nose at depth. Even with these problems it is still the best mask, so far. Has anyone had experience with the frameless with bifocals? I need a back up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom