Atomic M1 or ScubaPro MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also waffling between SP and one of the Atomics. With a SP reg the free parts can add up to the savings that one could get online in just a few years.

But, if Atomics doesn't provide free parts it doesn't matter, so why not buy online and save the $.

For the Atomics the "2"s are comming out for each one. B2, M2, etc. Worth waiting for? Not sure.

M2? Are you sure? This is the first time I heard about this.

Anyway, I heard from two separate sources that Atomic regs use higher quality material, e.g. on their seats, etc. One was according to George Irvine on the GUE Quest list and the other was at a dive store I go to. (The store carries both SP and Atomic.)

I haven't tried SP regs, so take this for what it's worth, but I highly recommend Atomic regulators.

Maybe not the M2. At least not this year. One thing I'm pretty sure of is that it will come out sooner or later. My thought is if the B2, T2 aren't much different than the "1"s, or can be upgraded, then no need to wait for the "2"s, not even the B2.

I have the Atomic T2, which came as the second stage only, and just had it upgraded to the B2. The B2 parts kits was $40 and this was done during its bi-annual service. My T2 was about 3 years old at the time and really needed a makeover. I do like the wider exhaust tee of the B2. Again, the B2's exhaust is slightly wider than the B1, Z1 but not quite as wide as the M1. The new dual material mouthpiece is nice too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom