Atomic lenses- better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldstroke

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Buying a new mask. Retiring my Tusa, Considering another Tusa; Scubapro frameless; and Atomic frameless & subframe. Atomic's claim of better clarity in their lenses. Fact or not? Atomic or SP frameless masks? Too many claims, need opinions & objectivity. Tanks, tanks a lot. I prefer low volume.

Atomic mask by far....:arrr: I too prefer the subframe.

Atomic's claim of better clarity in their lenses. Fact or not? Atomic or SP frameless masks?

FACT! There definitely is no doubt about it. The ultra clear glass is the finest on the market. Now to how much of a difference it makes is debatable. Kinda like the difference between 720p and 1080i for Hi Def TV's. There is absolutely no green tint in the ultra clear lenses and no color distortion period. Noticeable difference?...personal assessment. I notice.

Point in fact is that it doesn't matter about all the glamor, bells, and whistles...cause if it doesn't fit or is uncomfortable, that's the determining factor. Lucky for me, it fits like a glove. The Atomic is sleek, stylish, comfortable, low volume, great field of vision, and durable.

Now if you ask my LDS, they completely refuse to do business with Atomic Aquatics. The owner believes their prices are marked too high for what you get. Yes, they are expensive.

Yes, you can notice the difference. Lucky they do not fit my large face or I would have forked out the money.

I got SEADIVE TruVu Rayblockers instead. They fit me and also have great optical clarity.

Visually Enhanced Mask

Buying a new mask. Retiring my Tusa, Considering another Tusa; ScubaPro frame-less; and Atomic frame-less & sub-frame. Atomic's claim of better clarity in their lenses. Fact or not? Atomic or SP frame-less masks? Too many claims, need opinions & objectivity. Tanks, tanks a lot. I prefer low volume.

I know a person who was considering the Atomic mask because of the high quality glass that comes with the mask. I then reminded him that the extra money he was paying for the high quality glass would be wasted money since he was going to get prescription lenses which means that the high quality glass that came with the mask would be replaced with high quality prescription glass.

Already have my BCS Championship tickets in hand: this is the year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom