Atomic B2 vs. Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to agree with "Mr. Zeagle". I don't think that you will be short changing yourself at all by getting the zeagle. Especially the adjustable one. You would be very happy with it and feel better for saving the difference.

Having a non-manual venturi adjustment, like on the Atomics,
would really bug me.

robh:
Hello,

I've been lurking for a bit but this is the first post, so here it goes...

I've decided to upgrade my reg and I think I've narrowed it down to either a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe or an Atomic B2. I expect to use either beyond what most consider recreational depth limits in warm, clear water. My main question is that aside from the exotic material and the swivel are there other advantages I'm not aware of or need to consider. I'm leaning towards the Atomic but I'm concerned about the 2X price as well as serviceability if I get someplace like Truk (where I plan to go in a few years) or Bonaire (where I'm headed in a few months). Is there a good reason to look at the ZX second stage Zeagles as opposed to the Envoy?

Regards,

Rob.
atomic b2 choice :wink:

I have breathed the Atomic (B2) and all models of the Zeagle. I have taken my DS4/5 down to 300 feet and they have performed very well. Infact I feel just as comfotable with them at that depth as I do my Apeks regs (older Zeagle variant). The Atomics worked very well, I have yet to dive them at any great depth. If I do I will most likely dive the M1. I don't think you will find that great of a difference in their performances Provided they are set up correctly. For maintenance the Zeagles are easier to work on from a tech point of view.

Looking at the specs, I just don't see much reason to get the B2 over the Z1. The Z1 is substantially cheaper than the B2, and you can get the second-stage swivel and the M1 exhaust T as options for the Z1. The only real difference is the swivel on the first stage, and with the 7 non-swiveling ports on the Z1, you can pretty much get any arrangement that you want.

Have you considered the Z1? I dive a Z1 with the M1 exhaust, and I love it. It's worked fine at all depths, from 20'-130'.

robh:
Hello,

I've been lurking for a bit but this is the first post, so here it goes...

I've decided to upgrade my reg and I think I've narrowed it down to either a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe or an Atomic B2. I expect to use either beyond what most consider recreational depth limits in warm, clear water. My main question is that aside from the exotic material and the swivel are there other advantages I'm not aware of or need to consider. I'm leaning towards the Atomic but I'm concerned about the 2X price as well as serviceability if I get someplace like Truk (where I plan to go in a few years) or Bonaire (where I'm headed in a few months). Is there a good reason to look at the ZX second stage Zeagles as opposed to the Envoy?

Regards,

Rob.
Rob,

Have you got your new regular yet? Where can I possibly buy B2 for $560?

Thanks,
-Albert

alo100:
Rob,

Have you got your new regular yet? Where can I possibly buy B2 for $560?

Thanks,
-Albert
Dealer cost is under $400.

regs that i have....
atomic b2-expensive but with ease of breathing, comfortable mouthpiece, and swivel you really forget its there, and no problems free flowing on the surface when placed mouthpiece up into the water.
mares mr12 axis pro- very affordable, from the factory it was really sensitive and prone to freeflowing on the surface, after minor adjustment...no more problem.
scubapro mk2/r190- very affordable, breathes good, but just keeps working.
been down to 90 ft a few times and no problems diving between nov and feb either.
my 2 cents.

My advice is to buy the Atomic B-2 or M-1 Requlator. They are hard to beat for easy beathing and dependability. You will not regreat the purchase!

I just bought a B-2 after trying one out at about ~30ft. Of the regs i have tried, it breathed with the least effort, the adjustability is nice, the swivel is super comfortable, and even the standard mouthpiece is the best i have felt. I vote for the B-2.

Back
Top Bottom