Atomic B2 vs. Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know the Zeagle got great reviews in Rodales... And we sell a ton of the Zeagles, and the Atomics... And side by side - I personally think the Atomic smokes the zeagles. I love Zeagle BC's - but in the reg department - I really feel the Atomic is worth the extra money. The ScubaPro 600 or 650 is also great... but we don't sell as many of those since ScubaPro does not allow any shipping.

As far as service on them... That piston design is nice and generic - and even if there is not an Atomic Dealer handy - you can normally find an o ring and a seat to match up. For example, you can toss in Tusa 400 first stage IP spacers in - or ScubaPro, etc. Although a lot of the things on the reg are innovative - they accomplished it while keeping it simple and standardized.

robnboard, sent you a PM with the dealer I picked up mine from.

All the best, James

robnboard:
Hey Fdog, where did you find a B2 for 560? Ive been looking at getting regulator, used to juwst rent them from dive shops at my destinations, but Ive been impressed with the zeagle envoy, the Genesis GS2000 and the atomic B2, I am leaning towards the atomic, but the dive shop I go to wants $700 for it. Where did you score one for 560?
ROB

Wow, $700 might be a bit high... seeing as that is above manufacturers suggested list! Five and change is the standard price around here...

I don't think that you will notice too much of a difference in the Zeagle and you will save alot. You could get a bunch of other junk with the dough. Don't get me wrong the Atomics are great regs but I don't know that I would pay the price. Just know that the Zeagle is built upon the reliability of the Apeks regs with a few minor improvements. The Envoy is basically an apeks US4 first stage with the TX series second stage. I wouldn't hesitate on the zeagle. Not to mention your hesitation on the serviceability of the Atomics. That can be one of the biggest pains in the rear.

While I respect Larrys opinions on a lot of things, this is not one of them...:wink:

Atomic makes great regs, but the Envoy Deluxe is also a great reg, only $200+ less!!!

I don't think a large number of Scubaboard members use or have tried Zeagle regs, which is too bad for us, I guess...LOL

If you do decide to buy the Envoy, please let us all know how you like it!!

Scott

I use Zeagle and love. Breathes great in all angles and depth's I've used the Envoy at 130' in warm water.

ScottZeagle:
While I respect Larrys opinions on a lot of things, this is not one of them...:wink:

Scott
Hmmm ScottZeagle thinks Zeagle is better. I bet BobMares thinks Mares is better, and DanTusa... I wonder what he likes. :wink:

scubatoys:
Hmmm ScottZeagle thinks Zeagle is better. I bet BobMares thinks Mares is better, and DanTusa... I wonder what he likes. :wink:

Point well made, however I bet Sam Dacor likes Scuba Pro.

And John Kerry can't make up his mind WHICH one he likes.... :11ztongue

Notice that I said that the Atomic was a great reg in my post!

However, in 80ft of water, maybe more, I think you would be hard pressed to justify a $200 difference!!!!

Larry, you know what they say about opinions!!! :eyebrow:

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom