Atomic B2 vs. Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robh

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been lurking for a bit but this is the first post, so here it goes...

I've decided to upgrade my reg and I think I've narrowed it down to either a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe or an Atomic B2. I expect to use either beyond what most consider recreational depth limits in warm, clear water. My main question is that aside from the exotic material and the swivel are there other advantages I'm not aware of or need to consider. I'm leaning towards the Atomic but I'm concerned about the 2X price as well as serviceability if I get someplace like Truk (where I plan to go in a few years) or Bonaire (where I'm headed in a few months). Is there a good reason to look at the ZX second stage Zeagles as opposed to the Envoy?

Regards,

Rob.

I'd look at ScubaPro MK16/S550 Regulator - that's going to be close to your price range (especially w/r/t Atomic), or even the MK25/S600.

It will also be serviceable anywhere (or darn close to it).

Rob

Since this was your first post I thought I would respond with my first post. My girlfriend recently purchased an Atomic B2(with swivel) and I got to dive it a few times. Since I started diving I have owned a Sherwood Maximus, Apeks ATX 200, and I now dive an Atomic M1. As compared to my previous experience I thought it to be the most comfortable of any of these regs(same as M1 but just a little lighter in the mouth). I did not like the mouthpiece that came on it. After we switched to a comfobite the reg was very comfy. It breathed about as easy as the Apeks although the bubbles don't bother you as much as they did with the Apeks. If you dive with an AIR2/SS1 type of set up the swivel would definitely make it easier to donate your primary in an out of air scenario(if that is your thing). One thing I can say about the swivel is that the hose doesn't pull back on your jaw when you turn your head to the left like my Apeks does. Is it worth the extra $$$, well that is for you to decide.

Respectfully

Gillty

Thanks for the response! I was starting to think that because my post did not include darts, ice diving, or an unfounded claim that product XYZ is the greatest, that I would not get a response. :54:

Many of the "this vs that" regulator threads don't get too much response because it's already been hashed over many times (the search function can help identify that), unless someone has purposefully "flamed" someone's favorite...

Also, today most name brand regulators are basically personal preference - although there are some considerations - very cold water, parts availability, etc...

Essentially, any regulator will meet your diving needs - you can almost select by color/style, if you can't actually try them out to see what you like in your mouth and how they breathe...

Robh:

I picked up my B2 last November. Although I compared the B2 against quite a few other regulators, I unfortunately did not directly compare it against the Zeagle Envoy Deluxe.

Suffice to say the performance and breathing characteristics of the B2 warranted the price (which was $560) for me.

There is a prior thread about the B2 here that is just about the B2 and not a chat room.

All the best, James

gj62:
Many of the "this vs that" regulator threads don't get too much response because it's already been hashed over many times (the search function can help identify that), unless someone has purposefully "flamed" someone's favorite...

Also, today most name brand regulators are basically personal preference - although there are some considerations - very cold water, parts availability, etc...

Essentially, any regulator will meet your diving needs - you can almost select by color/style, if you can't actually try them out to see what you like in your mouth and how they breathe...

gj....I suggest you put down that ale and sober up! I hope nobody listens to your idea that all you have to look for in a reg is does it come in your favourite colour!

SoScuba:
gj....I suggest you put down that ale and sober up! I hope nobody listens to your idea that all you have to look for in a reg is does it come in your favourite colour!

That's not really what I said, and obviously it was tongue-in-cheek. However, I stand by my inference that if you are looking at name-brand equipment from established companies in a similar price range, for the diving that they describe, it *is* more personal preference based than "regulator X is demonstrably better than regulator Y".

ScubaPro, Atomics, Apeks, Dacor, AquaLung, Sherwood, etc... I can find experience divers who will vouch for each one of these for the type of recreational diving described...

Hey Fdog, where did you find a B2 for 560? Ive been looking at getting regulator, used to juwst rent them from dive shops at my destinations, but Ive been impressed with the zeagle envoy, the Genesis GS2000 and the atomic B2, I am leaning towards the atomic, but the dive shop I go to wants $700 for it. Where did you score one for 560?
ROB

Shop around and work them on the price. I got quoted a price about that and even better at another shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom