Atomic Aquatics "Smoke on the Water"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a pair and I love 'em! They are a bit stiffer than the other Atomic splits, with the exception of one color. I believe it's the red ones, but don't quote me on that. If price is a concern, you may want to look into that. Personally, I like the coloring of the smokes, and they're the only ones that come factory-equipped with spring straps.

On an unrelated note, SteveTW, thank you for your service.

The AA Smoke Fins are good split fins. They do what split fins are supposed to do. And we sell them for much less that $250.

I've got a pair and also a pair of Force Fin Tan Deltas......... I enjoy both.

If I'm drift diving I go with the FF, if I'm doing anything else I use the A. Smokes...

Do not pay $250, 185 yes, not 250.......

Regards,
BC

Thank you all for your input. I'll see if I can give them a test ride.
And jswantek, you're quite welcome. It was my proud duty.

I love my Atomic Split Fins. The positive bouyancy was a little tough at the beginning but only took a couple pool sessions to get over that. By the time i hit OW it was no big deal. Love the color of the Smokes. Locally they are 225 and thats with the spring straps. Just my .02

I had went out and picked up a pair and have used them twice. Personally I still prefer my turtle fins. The SOTW did feel alot lighter and seemed easier to kick with. the think I did not like at all and seems to be comon with all splits is starting out. You have to kick several times before you get goin where with the paddles one kick and your moving. But once you are moving if you dont mind the constant kick then you will like splits if the above doesn;t bother you. And ofcourse the more use one or the other or both more acustomed to it you will become. At the end of the day I prefer my turtles and Would save my money on buyin splits. just my opinon

I've had the Atomic splits for several years now and love them. They may be a bit long but nothing using them a few times won't overcome. The foot pocket is very comfortable (to me). The springs are nice and come standard on the smokes. They make an accessory pack of springs that you can get that fits any of the rest of the colors available. IIRC, atomics will float with a standard strap, but the springs add just enough to make them negative. If you're down here in Myrtle any time soon I'll let you try a pair in the pool to see if you like them.

I have a pair and also a pair of Scubapro split fins. I have to say that at first I noticed that they were heavier than the Scubapros but were much more efficient in strong current. I could actually negotiate current rather than struggle. So from that point of view they have proven to be pretty good. being split fins, they're also fairly gentle in terms of the energy consumption, and on my ankles.

I went through a half dozen pairs of splits before I landed on these. Best out there IMO. Worth the money, I think that depends on the person and the budget. Don't believe in splits, then obviously stay away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom