Atomic Aquatic Regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never get your gear serviced before a big trip unless you dive it local first. Never, unless there is already something wrong.

On my last Bonaire trip, the 2nd stage front cover came off. It screws on, and over time can work its way off. Not the first time that's happened, but this time, it was probably off somewhere in the ocean by the time I noticed. Dive Friend's main dive shop carried a variety of gear...but didn't handle Atomic reg.s. I found another dive shop that did, where a guy sold me the cover off one of theirs and he ordered a replacement.

On my Roatan trip to CocoView Dive Resort, I aimed to get in early orientation Saturday, the day of arrival. Since I'd had my reg. serviced the prior Oct. at a local dive shop, in theory it should've been fine. Unfortunately, having a reg. serviced seems to be a 'risk' factor in drama from what I've seen over the years. First off, the inflator hose wasn't on it. I couldn't fathom why, but the CCV dive shop sold me one and put it on, so good to go, right? Yeah, till I got geared up and stood up, at which point there began a loud spewing sound. CCV staff got right on it, and informed me the high pressure seat (seal?) was messed up. The dive shop owner told me they don't work on Atomics, so she rented me a different 1st stage for the week. Which went okay, but didn't have as many HP ports as my B2, so I didn't have the use of my wireless transmitter for my wrist unit (I had my console computer, a AA Cobalt 2, hooked to it - I dive 2 computers). I plan to get my B2 serviced at a more distance dive shop...haven't yet, since I don't get over there much.

Neither situation is necessarily a knock on Atomic reg.s. I just wondered if, had mine been a Scuba Pro, Dive Friends would've had that reg. cover and/or CCV dive shop been more likely to repair my reg.?

Found this video interesting, especially around the 8:40 mark where he talks about the z2 and the t3.

Makes me think I need to sell my t2 and just find a used z2.

Found this video interesting, especially around the 8:40 mark where he talks about the z2 and the t3.

Makes me think I need to sell my t2 and just find a used z2.
That shouldn’t be a surprise. For years, Atomic has stated that all the regulators in their lineup breathe the same.

They need to update that video, though. The price bar was just raised with the T25.

That shouldn’t be a surprise. For years, Atomic has stated that all the regulators in their lineup breathe the same.

They need to update that video, though. The price bar was just raised with the T25.
It still holds, T3 for the best and T25 for the “pretty” best :p

Lifted from another thread (thanks, Mikkel Simoes) :

Videos of Atomic first stage complete teardown and reassembly:

I gave up at 5 min into the first stage video.
That digging with a steel pick was too painful to watch. All the pauses made it seem as though this was his first Atomic. Still, he'd clearly been around piston regs before. I dunno.
But no vise, with all his other scuba repair stuff around? Maybe I'm being too picky.

Yes, and in some instances his hands are blocking the view of what he's doing. But... its the only disassembly/assembly video I've seen and I've been looking. If anyone has other service videos for Atomics I'd be glad to see them. Marketing videos not so much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom