Atomic Aquatic Regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It reminds me of a choice between a $100 mainstream digital watch that piggybacks on some 3rd party signal so as to always give the right time, durable and practical, vs. a Rolex. I'm a practical guy; the Rolex has perceived added value to some people in some situations.

1652394617249.png

Don't like digital watches. Analog is so much easier to read. And it will go down to 660' with you...

Flies under the radar and not nearly so booge as a Holex.

OMMOHY

Analog is so much easier to read.
Digital don't have to be interpreted. I can deal with analog when I need to, but can't stand those that don't have numbers by the 5 minute (or at least the hour) marks.

People buying the Prospex know what they're getting and why.

For $6,300, I'd buy a Teric with transmitter (if the one from my old VT3 wouldn't work, which it should), and a regular wrist watch for topside use at maybe a hundred dollars or a bit more. I'd save well over 4 grand.

Granted, I couldn't stand around at social events looking extra 'pretty.'

Digital don't have to be interpreted. I can deal with analog when I need to, but can't stand those that don't have numbers by the 5 minute (or at least the hour) marks.
Oddly, I tend ot think of time as "minutes past hour" or "minutes 'til hour" or past/to aooiuntment/event.

I can tell at a glance of an analogue watch face with no interpretation. Digital representations require reading, interpreting, and math.

Kinda like graph trendlines as opposed to data tables.

OMMOHY

Oddly, I tend ot think of time as "minutes past hour" or "minutes 'til hour" or past/to aooiuntment/event.

I can tell at a glance of an analogue watch face with no interpretation. Digital representations require reading, interpreting, and math.

Kinda like graph trendlines as opposed to data tables.

OMMOHY
Well, you can have that too
58FFDE98-5871-4713-93C1-500841FEE922.jpeg

the Teric also has an analog face.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom