Atomic Aquatic BC.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDSC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So Atomic had on display their prototype BC at DEMA. They wouldn't say for sure when it would be available.

You know I never thought to take a pic. It looked to be more of a jacket style and the outer shell had a more slick look and feel instead of a nylon or fabric feel. It was weight integrated and one had a power inflator and the second had their "air II" style inflator attached. The guy I spoke with said they did not have a release date yet.

I remember seeing their paddle fin at DEMA but it was over a year before they had it on the market.

Really didn't talk to the guy too much about it as it seemed to be a prototype and might not have been the final product.

I did not. Just saw the Cobalt they have now.

Did you by chance see a new wrist computer from Atomic at Dema? Sorry to hijack your thread.
It wasn't there.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/at...uct-announcements-aa-website.html#post7544042

---------- Post added November 7th, 2015 at 07:29 PM ----------

You know I never thought to take a pic. It looked to be more of a jacket style and the outer shell had a more slick look and feel instead of a nylon or fabric feel. It was weight integrated and one had a power inflator and the second had their "air II" style inflator attached. The guy I spoke with said they did not have a release date yet.
That kind of surprises me that there even is one since both AA and Zeagle are owned by Huish now. And Zeagle just introduced a complete line of jackets earlier this year. Maybe it's a re-branded model.

I'm surprised it's a jacket style, like there aren't enough jackets in the world already.
I wonder what makes it stand out or be different from all the other jackets on the market?
With all the companies out there fighting for an ever shrinking market you'd think they'd try and be a little more innovative than that.

Did you by chance see a new wrist computer from Atomic at Dema? Sorry to hijack your thread.

Given that Atomic and Liquivision are now owned by Huish, I suspect Huish won't like the duplication of effort and cannabalization of sales with 2 in house brands making the same product, so it won't surprise me to see Liquivision be the 'wireless' AI option and the Atomic Cobalt remain the sole AI 'hosed' computer option. At best you might see a Liquivision version rebranded with an Atomic logo on it.

Back
Top Bottom