Atmos AI low battery when cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fredaroony

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys,

I noticed that my Atmos AI shows a low battery signal when its cold outside, i.e. 15c, but its fine when it warms up a bit, say around 19c. Anyone else seen this?

Its only started getting cold around here in the last couple weeks and it happened for the first time about 5 mins before a dive. Wasnt the most confidence inspiring thing...

I've only had it for about a year but when I first got one it did the same thing and it was cold then too. I got the first one replaced thinking it was faulty.

fredaroony did you change your battery thats in the manual to change it every year. Battery use a chemical reaction to create voltage. you did not give them any information to work with like the battery voltage how old the battery is,how are they suppose to give you an answer.

I posted this on the other thread you were on but you shoud send your answer to DiveAeris.com - Contact Us and make sure you change the department it’s going to.

This is a frequent observation on this model, we have 2.

The nature of the power-up cycle puts a heavy drain on the battery and a cold battery has less capacity.

The other notable fact is that the battery of choice is the Sony version of the type number. While you can get them from others like Energizer and Duracell the output curves are not as good a match during start-up.

If the battery level shows a full charge once in operation it is usually not a big issue.

The computer is designed to predict the power needs for a dive and not go live if it cannot support one more dive.

Pete

Thanks for that Pete. This time I replaced it with a Duracell but I will try a Sony next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom