ATM by Sand Dollar/Ice cream parlor question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Is the atm a cirrus/plus machine. Does anyone know what additional charges it gets to use it?

Have used it in the past but I am getting old and I forget.:D

Is the atm a cirrus/plus machine. Does anyone know what additional charges it gets to use it?

Have used it in the past but I am getting old and I forget.:D

I use it pretty much every trip and so far neither bank (my bank-Wachovia) has charged me a fee. I typically get guilders.

I use it pretty much every trip and so far neither bank (my bank-Wachovia) has charged me a fee. I typically get guilders.

ditto, we used it with no fees on either end (amazing!)....... we got US $$$.

Is there any advantage to going with Gilders over US $? I heard the exchange rate was set at something like $1.77. Going in about a week!

Is there any advantage to going with Gilders over US $? I heard the exchange rate was set at something like $1.77. Going in about a week!

Not really. I just like to use guilders for the fun of it--when in Rome kind a thing for me. USDs are fine although larger bills $50s and above can be hard to exchange. In addition you will get a lot of change in Guilders so why not just go ahead and use Guilders. Heck, having leftover guilders gives me an excuse to return...."really dear we can't exchange them here, we can only get out money back on island" .....yea like my wife needs her arm twisted to go back. :)

Have fun.

Thanks.

It has always been working but in case the ATM is not is there another on island?

It has always been working but in case the ATM is not is there another on island?
Driving into town from the south on the main road as soon as you make the turn left to go towards downtown there's one on the right there. You'll see it from the road. I'm sure it's Cirrus as that's what I use. I think it's an M&C branch (Maduro & Curiels)

Actually there's 6 of them:
Maduro & Curiels Bank Bonaire N.V.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom