Atlantis P.G. photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L.A.Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
These are from my recent trip to Puerto Galera and my diving with all the great management and staff at Atlantis Resort. I am scheming to return in August now that I have a slightly better grasp of video techniques. The variety of marine life within 10 minutes of the resort was just incredible. Food was great, (their new restaurant should be done by now) service was outstanding, they are a truly dedicated dive resort rather than just a a joint trying to get in on scuba tourism. Oxygen fills for the rebreather were no problem either, and they have sorb waiting for you upon request. Nitrox was always ready in prefilled tanks, and I think I saw some helium too for you trimix techies. The camera room was well laid out, spacious with lots of outlets and fresh clean towels. 2 Computers were always ready for web and e-mail surfing. You do have to do the day long Verde Island add-on trip.....

These photos are video screen capture stills from my new HiDef setup HDR-FX1/Amphibico Phenom setup. My avatar was taken by me just after I was ruthlessly and repeatedly attacked by a titan triggerfish that had a mean streak a mile wide. They are a creature so foul and so cruel, I have seen the bones of 50 divers strewn about its lair. I just spun my videocam around, gave the thumbs up and made a video screen capture of me.

The 1st photo is an Emperor Angelfish-Pomacanthus imperator. In a week I saw half a dozen of these beautiful fish.

The 2nd video screen capture is a napolean snake eel, aka Ophichthus bonaparti. This guy was cruising in the bay....and let me get right up to him.

The 3rd video screen capture is a soft coral called Xenia, often called Waving hands as during feeding cycles they pulsate their ends to capture plankton.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom