Atlantic city

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeldah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys

Looks like I am coming to Atlantic City in July and I wondered if there is any decent diving nearby. My son and I are newly certified with only 5 dives completed in the Caymans. We need something in the 40 ft range preferably as my son is only 13. Is there an outfit you could recommend and also what kind of temp are we looking at for the water? I'm thinking it will not be as nice as the Caymans :wink:

Thanks for any help and advice!!

No boat that I'm aware of is going to 40fsw. Well, unless you arrange for a private charter. I'm also not aware of any shore diving there either (but I could be wrong). You might find a boat going to 70fsw though, but you're not ready for that yet, imo.
No, NJ diving is nothing like diving the Caymans (I was in GC in Feb). Think dark(ish), cold(ish), much more limited viz, BUT lots more fun, imo.

Franco

The boat diving in the region is not quite the Caymans, the shallowest wreck that the charter boats go to in that region is 60fsw. Best to contact East Coast Diving Supply in that area.

Francousteau and Cobra - Thanks for the info. Going to have to try and convince hubby to go to Bahamas instead. Maybe when we are more advanced we will come see some of those wrecks :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom