Atlantic City Operators & Dive Sites.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I mate on a boat out of Belmar (Stingray) there is another fine boat in AC you may want to consider. Capt Dave on the Submission II is a great boat to dive with......its a comfortable boat and a great crew. I don't know if he has a site.....but Atlantic Divers charters' him regularly and you might get some additional info from them.
If you decide to try alittle farther north....say 45 minutes or so, you may wanna try the Stingray (I am kinda partial) Big boat, very comfortable, easy off and on.....oh and did I mention the fine crew. Some of NJ's best dive sites are located within a couple hours max. You can contact Capt Henrik at www.stingraydivecharters.com or by phone at 917-836-5354.
OH......and did I mention the great crew! :wink:

DIVE SAFE/ DIVE OFTEN

Yeah those pic I put up earlier on this post are from a new wreck we found this summer with Capt Dave on the Submission II. We are pretty much one Atlantic Divers and Submission II. Can not say enough great things . I will be probably DM for most of his trips unless there is an overnighter going out to a deep wreck. That was one of two wreck we found this year. :)

Jwood and atedschi I will check out the Submission 11 boat and see what there like, thank you for the suggestion.

I was thinking even if we went thru a dive shop, we were wanting to suggest the boat we wanted to dive off as well as dive sites. Right now we are still checking out dive sites, do if any suggestions for some dives, preferably wreck, nothing over 35 meters, nice easy dives would be great.

There are literally 1000's of wreck diving opportunities up and down the Jersey coast........considering you want to stay in the 100 foot range, you probably lower the possibilities to the upper 100's. This site is awesome and identifies most but certainly not all of the wrecks located off the Jersey coast.

http://njscuba.net/sites/index.html

Capt Dave's wreck with the port hole pics.......is most likely "NOT" on the site. LOL

Although I do dive on Capt Daves' boat from time to time, I'm not that fully versed on the southern wrecks....the only one that jumps out at me is the San Jose........very nice wreck.......great bugging wreck.
Up around the Belmar area there are tons of great sites.....one of my favorites is the Stolt Dagali, although a little deeper than you stated (35 meters) she sits in ~130 FSW but she has relief all the way to 60 FSW making for a great dive with better than average bottom time. I have goten +5lb Lobsters off her, Nice size tog and a real nice 35lb Monkfish. The section that is left is almost fully intact albiet some deterioration from the salt water. She's not that difficult a penetration if your qualified. Viz is usually awesome up on top, but can be poor at the sand. Another area I like is the Shark River artificail reef site........the Mako Mania and Coney Island being my favorites. Although intentionally sank to promote fishing and diving opportunites these wrecks offer fun diving as the wrecks have had their bulkheads widened to facilitate penetrations, portholes widen to lighten the environment thus making for a fun dive. They are also great dive sites for grocery diving..........lots of fish and bugs. The Shark River Reef averages about ~125 FSW but that is to the sand and both of the wrecks have good amount of relief.
Hope the info helps!

DIVE SAFE/ DIVE OFTEN

Jwood, thank you for the information. I will check out the web site.

The reason we were going to stay around 100 ft mark is because one of the divers is relatively new to diving, under 1 year, only 50 dives but an advance diver with wreck, deep and dry suit.

Jwood, would you know which map Atlantic City is on, eg North jersey, central or southern, thanks mate.

its the southern Jersey one. Lot of good ones there my favorite is the City of Athen's that sits at 102 to the sand. I also like the great Issac aound 90. The offshore tug is always loaded with fish. The Vizkaya is also another good wreck. The Dina Dee hits them all.

I was thinking Tracy of Oz... We'll put you up in NJ if we can come stay with you in Australia. :D

Seriously, You will love the Stingray...I dive off that boat every week in the summmer. The Tuna Seizure is great also. The Tuna Seizure is closer to AC. Dutch is ok for your first time. It gets boring after awhile.

Have a great time while you are here. I'm also available if you need some buddies. My work schedule is flexible so I can dive during the week :D

Ed and atedeschi thank you for the great site tips, much appreciated. I have been looking on the site for some nice wrecks for us.

It looks like we will probably dive long island as well, as one of my friends is from there. (She is the relatively new diver I was talking about in a previous post).

No worried scuba41girl, you can take the back room :D . Thanks for the invite for buddies, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom