Atlantic City Operators & Dive Sites.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you atedeschi that would be great.

tracy_from_oz:
thank you for all this information, it has been a fantastic help.
We are looking at early June for being on the East coast of the usa.

Just a few (maybe 5 or 6?) hours to the northwest of New Jersey is the St. Lawrence river.

It's fresh water, warm in the summer and the wrecks are great. If you have the time, you should stop by and have a few dives!

Terry

Web Monkey I will do a google.com search for the area and check it out, thank you for the suggestion.
You wouldnt by anychance have the name/web address for any dive shops in the area?

I know we are also going to Dutch Springs to dive as well as Dorney Park amusement park.

Thanks again.

tracy_from_oz:
Web Monkey I will do a google.com search for the area and check it out, thank you for the suggestion.
You wouldnt by anychance have the name/web address for any dive shops in the area?

I know we are also going to Dutch Springs to dive as well as Dorney Park amusement park.

Thanks again.

Moe Hunt http://www.1000islands.com/dive/ runs a dive shop and boat in Alexandria Bay on the American side of the St. Lawrence. However if you don't mind crossing into Canada (just over the bridge) there are a ton of dive operators all along the river.

Moe is a real hoot. He's about 900 years old and has been diving since the discovery of water. He flys a welded-aluminum landing craft up and down the river (about 400HP on a 20+' boat). The wrecks are great, but it's almost worth the price just for the ride. :cool:

The St. Lawrence is nothing but great wrecks for hundreds of miles from Lake Ontario all the way to the Atlantic ocean. Here are some of the more popular wrecks: http://www.1000islands.com/wrecks/

Dutch Springs is nice for training dives or if you like camping, but it's run by a control freak. I went once, but probably won't go back again.

If you're need any special mixes (Nitrox, Trimix, O2, etc.) or need service or adjustments, National Aquatic Service in Syracuse (the shop I work with) does nice work. Syracuse is between Dutch Springs and the St. Lawrence.

Have fun!

Terry

Thank you Terry for this information, it is very helfpul and sounds like a wonderful diving area.

I never knew the river ran so far south from Canada.

Friends that live in NYC wanted to take me to the amusement park and I found Dutch was close by hence the reason for agreeing to go to Dorney Park.

Dutch Springs is not all that bad. I dont like it, but I been there tons of times. We go up for one weekend a month to start the check out dives. Even if we are taking them to the ocean for check outs we go up there first to knock out a bunch of skills, before we go out on the boat and jump them into water with about 5' vis. We use it for training dives. As for the guy thats runs it being a control freak, lets see, he has 1000 or so divers there in a weekend, plus people not diving, plus kids for the water park. If he did not control the place as much as he does, it has recipe for disaster written all over. And in reality he isnt even that bad.

I would rather be in the ocean, but late in the season when all the boats are beng cancelled because of the weather it does come in handy.

But since you haver never been there, and are going to be at Dorney Park, it might be a good place to go.

Ed, I wanted to check it out as we do not have scuba parks in Australia and I wanted to experience something different.
It may not be the greatest dive, but I figure we will be in the area and it is something different.

Well when it gets close give me a yell on here and if we are up there with a class you are more than welcome to use our area. Most of the shops put up a canopy over a bunch of picnic tables close to the water

Ed, thank you for the invitation I will certianly drop you a line, it is very nice of you to offer.

Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom