Atlantic City Operators & Dive Sites.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracy_from_oz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
G day.

Could anyone please recommend a dive store/dive operator in the Atlantic City area for some diving.

Any good dive spots you know of would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

tracy

East Coast Diving is in Northfield. The web site is http://www.eastcoastdiving.com/

They have been a round a long time, I am an instructor at their sister store that is about 45 minutes from AC. Northfield is all of ten minutes outside Atlantic City. They also have charters on some really good dive boats in that area.

The Atlantus is out of Gardners basin in Atlantic City. Dont be fooled by the captain though. He looks real young, but he grew in a marina his family owned and he is a instructor. http://www.atlantuscharters.com/

The Dina Dee II is another good boat. The are out of Long Beach Island which is a half hour from AC. http://www.dinadee.com/

Both boats can be chartered through east coast diving.

But the big question is when you are going to make the trip, a lot of the boats are out of the water for a few more weeks

G day Ed.

Thank you for the information you have given me.

I am liking East Coast Diving and the Atlantus Charters.
I was wanting to stay really close to Atlantic City itself in regards to dive stores. The East Coast however has a more indepth web site which is a great help to me in planning.

We will be in the city in the American summer but coming from Australia I wanted to organise the diving before we go so I could find out the good as well as interesting dive spots and to avoid disappointment when booking a dive trip.

Thanks again

tracy_from_oz:
G day Ed.

Thank you for the information you have given me.

Thanks again

I live just a few miles north of AC. Can also recommend Tuna Seazure, out of Tuckerton, Give a call/email/pm when you get out this way - be happy to dive with ya.

Yeah Tuna is a great boat. I have not been on it in a while, since I think it was last year they were only chartering through Northeast Scuba which is way in Norristown, PA. But again the tuna is about an hour from AC

I 'll second East Coast as close to AC and good and I do not believe there are any dive operators/stores on the actual island of AC so getting 'closer' isn't really viable. My other half DM's for East Coast on the boats mentioned and if you do plan trips, let me know dates and I'll let you know if he is scheduled to work the trip. You're right Ed - the Larsens (the Atlantus) have seawater in their veins! There are also a couple places to hang out - drink and eat - in Gardiners Basin where the Atlantus is berthed.

Not sure what month you are coming in, but be aware there is the potential to be blown out by storms in the later part of the summer - late July, August & into Sept. Trips are often called off the night before or morning of, depending on forecast and conditions.

My summer home is about 20 miles south of AC, so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to assist.

Regards, Jersey

G day guys

thank you for all this information, it has been a fantastic help.

We are looking at early June for being on the East coast of the usa.

RJP, I will drop you a line when we are closer to the time and thanks for the dive invitation.
I will also check out the Tuna Seazure as you have suggested.

Jersey, thank you for the offer of help, much appreciated and I will certainly will if need be.
I will also drop you a line when we have things booked to see if your other half is on that day.

Atedeschi and Mcjangles, thank you both for the web sites they are extremely helpful and Atedeschi the pictures are great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom