Atlanta Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utdivermatt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone,

Some may know me, some may not, but I go to school up in Knoxville, and am getting close to graduating. As such, I already know I am going to end up in Atlanta long term, but was wondering if I could get some help in the near future.

Starting in January, I am working on an internship in the downtown area for 10 weeks, and have been searching long and hard for somewhere to live. Turns out it is much harder than I thought to find a short term lease without paying an arm and a leg. After learning this, I have started to try to find someone that may have an open room they would be open to renting out for a couple of months. I plan to travel quite a bit during the internship, so will not be there all the time. I am responsible, clean, flexible, and fun to have around, and would make sure I pay a rent that is completely fair to you. If you can help, or know someone that can, please reply in here or PM me. I am open to almost anything at this point, and would love to get my foot in the door with Atlanta area divers! Thanks!

-Matt

Matt

You could do what I did, and in fact if my contract gets extended past 12/31 you can room with me. What I have done, since I sold my houses and am on temporary contract, is find a short term furnished sublet on craigslist. my current digs are a loft style, but if I get another 6 months I'm going to look for a 1 or 2 bedroom or even a house. lots of folks are in the position where they have had to move and its taking a loooong time to sell their house. so, they are leasing furnished, month to month, with the proviso that you keep the house in showing condition and expect realtors to show it. typically they are keeping utils in their name and its an all cash transaction, which is nice if you are trying to get off the radar like some :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom