Athens Scuba Park treasure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k ellis

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
For those who dont already know Athens is having an underwater treasure hunt on August 21, 2011. I am planning on attending and may be there with a few of my dive partners are planning to accompany us. If you would like to join us we will be on Dock # 3 and 4. When I received the information this is exactly how I received it.

The scuba event will not cost anything more then the usual cost it takes to enter the park and or rentals should you need them.

The event will begin at 11:30 a.m. on August 21 with the briefing for the event. After the briefing the event will begin at 12:00 p.m. and run until 2:00 p.m. on August 21. There will be various types of prizes given away.

All people are welcome to come and have fun even if they are not a diver they can still swim, snorkel or even use one of their kayaks they have on site.

If your interested in coming out and having a great time members of the Tulsa Aquanauts are planning to attend so stop by and say hello and meet some great divers

Cool I am looking forward to get to dive with you guys!

Awesome we hope to see you there too. It will be neat as I have heard in the past that people have won full face mask and other neat items in the event plus the ever so important bottom time :)

Kirby,
How long is the event realistically going to last on Sunday? The reason I ask is so that I will know to plan on taking that Monday off as well, if the event is going to last into the afternoon. Since we have a long drive home, we would probably stay Sunday night in the area if the event ran into the late afternoon.

It rans from 11 am (the briefing for the diving actual diving starts at 12 noon) and runs up until 2 pm. The park will be open till 5 for those who want to continue to dive though. I think prizes are going to be given immediately after 2 if I understand them correctly :)

I'm sick so I am out. :(

I'm sick so I am out. :(

Man I hope you get to feeling better. You did miss a great time but Id rather you get better then chance it. Prayers be with you for a speedy recovery.

Back
Top Bottom