Athens on 8/28?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My family is going out there for the afternoon. Anyone going to be there? Anyone know how the visability is?

I know an instructor who was out there yesterday and the visibility was less than a foot. I hope it is better for you today.

Well, not quite that bad, but it did suck :) 4-5 feet or so.

Was there Alka-Seltzer silt floating all around you? Strange white particulate that looks like you're playing Asteroids?

The water was churned up with white silt looking stuff, but not clumps if that's what you mean. 4-5 feet was the best visability all day, with a couple of places where I had to almost touch my computer/compass to my face to see it.

We used to go to Athen's in the early spring as early as we could get there on a Saturday. It was great visibility at that time. Sometimes it is great and sometimes it is the worst.

So I gotta know...this green equip thing I have been hearing about where the water turns everything you take in the water green....did that happen to you ?

personally i really would not care but the g/f has a whole new rig and she might not like that for a first entry...

thoughts ?

Actually it's not the equipment it's people's hair. If she colors her hair blond it's worse! It's literally a St. Patrick's Day Green

Debraw:
Actually it's not the equipment it's people's hair. If she colors her hair blond it's worse! It's literally a St. Patrick's Day Green

heheh well she does happen to be blonde although it is natural...how odd how very odd...anyone know why this is happening...

It's something they are using to treat the water with that causes the green hair. I would tell you what the name of the chemical is but i just can't remember. Does anyone know?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom