At what point do you run a line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems that my last post resulted in folks jumping from one horn of the bull to the other. What is needed is to stop in the middle, where the brain is.

It could be that they had the entire animal already, but were just pointing out that there is more to it than just horns and a brain.....

But I guess each to their own. The OP's questions have been answered in DIR fashion, non-DIR fashion and everything in between.

I am done here.

Parentheticals, hypotheticals and gray areas --the OP has all these scenarios and examples to mull over. It's a Judgment Call based on what you know about the divesite conditions, how the overhead presents itself, and whatever O/E Training you've had. Make a decision with regard to the fit, form and function of the Unified Team and be certain about it --and that's your "DIR Heuristic Mantra":shakehead:

Parentheticals, hypotheticals and gray areas --the OP has all these scenarios and examples to mull over. It's a Judgment Call based on what you know about the divesite conditions, how the overhead presents itself, and whatever O/E Training you've had. Make a decision with regard to the fit, form and function of the Unified Team and be certain about it --and that's your "DIR Heuristic Mantra":shakehead:

[SIZE=-1]Aum[/SIZE] ... [SIZE=-1]Aum[/SIZE] ... on the bay.
Where the fish and the nudibranchs play.
Where seldom is heard,
the DIR "stroke" word,
and someone else puts my doubles away.

Regarding "swimthrus" or "long swimthrus":
If you "reverse-spool" in you could always have the last diver in the team spool in "out" and continue the dive on the other side, thus eliminating the need to go back while still maintaining a continuous guide-line...it is hard to get good placement using this technique but not impossible and you´d only do it if the oe wasn´t long enough to require "proper" line-laying anyway...still better than nothing...

Since there doesen´t seem to be a DIR-answer I thought I´d venture a "non-dir" one...

ymmv

You are in the DIR forum. The DIR forum is a No Trolling Zone. This forum is for a free exchange of ideas concerning the DIR philosophy. Please do not answer questions with non-DIR answers.

See above.

See above.
Really...it´s a troll because I haven´t taken dir-f?
But being T1/C1 or whatever and suggesting you go without a line altogether is ok?
I thought the general agreement was that there wasn´t a dir-answer to the question...
Is a continuous guide-line not dir? Is my suggested method not dir? how about you contribute something to alleviate my ignorance instead?

Anyways...your idea of a free exchange of ideas is obviously very different from mine but knock yourself out...

Mods feel free to delete this and my earlier post...I was obviously trolling...*sigh*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom