At Least We Got Wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
My son and I wanted to dive Navarre Pier and Pensacola Reef today. We arived in Pensacola Sun night and the van broke down, Got it fixed about 11:00am so we took off to Navare. When we arived we found surf conditions too challenging for us to dive. We then turn our attension to Pensacola Reef. We arrived there to find surf conditions to challenging for us there also. Wanting to just get wet we decided to dive the pier in the sound at the board walk. Viz was 2 to 3 ft but I'm use to that diving in Arkansas, my son a little leery having just been certified. We had fun though. We found over 100 assorted brand beer bottles and cans. Some kind of metal spikey thing and a pair of ocean sunglasses that were somwhat covered with baenicles. We had a great time. Does any one have any suggestions on how to clean up the sunglasses with out harming them further.

I forgot you were coming into town, no wonder the surf picked up! :wink:

My son and I went to the Pensacola Reef Tues. morning. The surf was strong but not as strong as the day before. Wanting to dive so despirately we kitted up and proceded to attempt to dive the reef. After getting knocked down several times, some pretty hard we decided to thumb the dive.

Wednesday morning we went back to the Pensacola Reef and found a green flag with aceptable surf. We finally made it out far enought to get underwater. Viz was good 20 to 25 ft. We were having a great time. After about 30 minutes viz went to about 10 ft. The current had picked up and it was hard to stay on the reef. We decided to surface and found the surf very ruff. We ended the dive, inflated our BCDs and the surf took us back to shore.

Looks like if we are going to dive in Pensacola we will be more successful using a boat.

Maybe we should take up surfing, since the surf is up every time we go to Pensacola.

Next time we might go further down the road say to Destin or further.

If any of you local folks have any advice it is certainly welcome.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom