At Coz: Liquid Blue or Living Underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.... my characterization was a pretty fair one, to wit: "Perhaps I wasn't clear, but LU has not yet breathed its last. Jeremy is still taking bookings & limping the op along as best he can. However, there are uncertainties."

And I do think that there are uncertainties.

In any event, since you either do not know or don't care to share, here is what I understand to be the case:

The US partners, Sabine & Darren Kavesh just last weekend completed divesting themselves from the op. IMHO, Oracio gave them a pretty good screwing over, and they were perhaps a bit too emotionally involved in the business, but that's history. The company is now completely in Jeremy's name, and his family is giving him financial backing. He'll be doing his own reservation work via email & phone as there is no shop, although Sabine will help him out for 60 days to show him the ropes. He's keeping a land-based employee. The boat was sold to Max, a chap with ties to Aldora, but Jeremy has first priority to rent it any day he has customers. Jeremy also got the cylinders and rental equipment.

I sincerely hope he makes it, and suspect that he might.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Doc,

I think the information you provided is very helpful. Most of us plan our trips well in advance in an attempt to secure the best diving experience. The changes in personnel in such a small business can have a profound effect (not only for worse, but for better).

I have used LU on two separate occasions and found the operation to be excellent. By excellent, I mean that they showed up with proper equipment and personnel to make the dive both safe and enjoyable (and on time). Jeremy was the DM on both occasions and was excellent. I hope he is able to make a go of it. He seems to me to have the personality to keep the divers happy on the boat. Let's hope he can manage the business on land.

dnhill

dnhill:
Doc,

Jeremy was the DM on both occasions and was excellent. I hope he is able to make a go of it. He seems to me to have the personality to keep the divers happy on the boat. Let's hope he can manage the business on land.

dnhill

If the business fails, he will most likely get quickly scooped up by one of the other premiere dive operators. A very nice guy, and a good DM.

My son and I dove with Liquid Blue on Feb 9 on Doc Vikingo's recomendation (thanks Doc) and we had a wonderful time. Roberto was the DM and he took the time to write down the names of the fish we saw (and we seen plenty) and he joked around and kidded with my son which made it a very enjoyable dive for him too. Michaela made us feel like we were long time customers and she was a pleasure to do business with. We had another dive set up with LB for Wednesday but I injured my knee (on a kayak) and was unable to dive. Michaela went out of her way to help us (she even gave my wife the name of a doctor to see) and she sent me an e-mail after I got home asking how my knee was. I also dove with ScubaDu while I was there and while I don't have anything bad to say about them, I perfer to dive with LB (the steel 120's and personal service).

Recently got word that the Living Underwater boat, owned by Max who has ties to Aldora, is no longer according Jeremy first priority to rent it any day he has customers. Seems that Max now has given exclusive use to Aldora. Not sure how Jeremy has responded to this.

Perhaps Melisa will provide us with more detail.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Updating the update: Jeremy once more has dibs on the boat Living Underwater. The arrangement between Max and Aldora only lasted a month.

We'll be diving with Jeremy in April.

Verbshark:
Updating the update: Jeremy once more has dibs on the boat Living Underwater. The arrangement between Max and Aldora only lasted a month.

We'll be diving with Jeremy in April.
glad to hear that....:)
melissa

This is true, but if Max can so easily renege on his gentleman's agreement once, he can do so again.

Plus, just within the past couple of days I've received reports of folks having some difficulty over the web trying to confirm dive dates in the near future. Jeremy's response has been that things are a bit up in the air as he is "changing offices." As he really has no "office," I'm not sure what he means--perhaps changing e-mail service or moving homes.

As I have stated previously in this thread: ""Perhaps I wasn't clear, but LU has not yet breathed its last. Jeremy is still taking bookings & limping the op along as best he can. However, there are uncertainties."

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom