At Coz: Liquid Blue or Living Underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melissalv29:
....as recommended by the owner of Living Underwater...Jeremy...

Somewhere I've read about Oracio, (I think it was in the Scubadiving forum) a divemaster with very good reputation that worked at Living Underwater. Is he still working there?

This is very difficult to understand. I'm sure I have well over 10 dives with Jorge and he has always been outstanding....at least while he was at Aldora. Sorry you had a bad experience with him.

ScubaTexas:
There is a very good resource at www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/diveshopreviews/general.html which has many reviews by customers of many of the operators in Cozumel.

Thanks for the link! This answers in part my reply to a post about Oracio Martinez. Though it has a 2002 date. Maybe someone can give more info on that.

I've notice that Blue XT Sea (and Raul) is making some noise on this boards also..

DocVikingo:
Not sure how recently you've been to Cozumel, but Liquid Blue has had steel 120s & 100s since May of last year. They have had aluminum 80s & 100s since opening. I suspect that they would get you a 95 if you asked for it in advance.

As for Living Underwater, Oracio has left & the boat has been sold. Jeremy was given the tanks & rights to the name, but has no meaningful financial or administrative backing, nor does he go out everyday. Too bad, as Jeremy indeed is a very nice guy.

Best regards.

DocVikingo
Doc...you were actually the person who turned us on to Living Underwater...at one time you spoke very highly of them....dont know what happend and it doesnt really matter....I have been diving with LU within the first year of them operating...at that time Liquid Blue either wasnt in business or didnt have what we needed...Jeremy is very capable of handling this business and dont want to come off the wrong way...but I wouldnt be talking about the sell of the company until you know ALL the facts...He will do well for himself...
Melissa

DocVikingo:
As for Living Underwater, Oracio has left & the boat has been sold. Jeremy was given the tanks & rights to the name..
DocVikingo

So, I guess that answers my question... Where's Oracio now? Is he with another DO?

vieque

vieque:
So, I guess that answers my question... Where's Oracio now? Is he with another DO?

vieque
He is not diving anymore...due to medical issues i think...
Melissa

I'd love to know all of the facts.

Could you please post them?

Thanks,

DocVikingo

No, Oracio is not currently working for another dive op, and has not been diving regularly for quite a long time now.

As Melisa opined, it is for medical reasons, broadly construed.

Hasta,

DocVikingo

if you are really interested then contact LU...or write him...I am sure he would gladly give you all the Correct Information you are wondering about...It's not my position to disclose this information...all of this is clearly new, as you already know..and i just think before talking about something you should really know all the info...Nothing has changed as far as the way LU is operating...still excellent standards and still a very reputable company...People change ownerships in business's all the time...and it really is NO BIG DEAL..
that's the bottom line...a change of ownership.
Melissa
I

Guess she told you Doc.........LOL
Doc tends to be the one on this board who regularly broadcasts news of half truths and stretched facts.......LMAOROF. You should be more careful Doc....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom