At Coz: Liquid Blue or Living Underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you might also want to consider Aldora if you are comparing those two DOs. They all use steel 120's, small boats and offer good service. Been diving with Aldora for some time now. They do an outstanding job. Try a search in Mexico for Dive Operators. There are a ton of threads.

Just dove Liquid Blue last week. Absolutely great! Give them a try - fast, clean comfortable boat, steel 120's, long dives, GREAT captain and DM's. Owners Roberto and Michaela are extremely friendly and hospitable. They get out early for the first dive to beat the crowds, spend the surface interval on shore with a liesurely breakfast, do a long second dive and still finish before 1PM.

What kind of BT's did you have and where did you dive? What was the level of experience of divers on your boat? Was there a DM named Jorge'?

I have had the opportunity to compare Liquid Blue, Aldora & Living Underwater, and that's how I'd line them up in terms of my recommendation.

The Jorge to whom I suspect you are referring, formerly of Aldora, is now working for Liquid Blue. BTW, he is Ricardo's (the co-owner) brother. I have known him for many years & adore diving with him.

Obviously, by their very nature all of these ops tend to draw more experienced/advanced divers, but the level of divers on a boat on any particular day/week varies. The only way to control this is to charter a boat, which is what I do every Thanksgiving in Coz, and control whom you invite.

As for bottom times, this of course depends on the depth of the dive, currents at the site, air usage patterns of the group, etc., but in general they'll be over an hour, often well over.

Helpful?

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
I have had the opportunity to compare Liquid Blue, Aldora & Living Underwater, and that's how I'd line them up in terms of my recommendation.

The Jorge to whom I suspect you are referring, formerly of Aldora, is now working for Liquid Blue. BTW, he is Ricardo's (the co-owner) brother. I have known him for many years & adore diving with him.
Obviously, by their very nature all of these ops tend to draw more experienced/advanced divers, but the level of divers on a boat on any particular day/week varies. The only way to control this is to charter a boat, which is what I do every Thanksgiving in Coz, and control whom you invite.
As for bottom times, this of course depends on the depth of the dive, currents at the site, air usage patterns of the group, etc., but in general they'll be over an hour, often well over.
Helpful?
DocVikingo

Jorge is a great guy. Have always enjoyed diving with him. What is your reason for Liquid Blue over Aldora? By the way, thanks for the advice on the PM several weeks ago. Still not sure if we will to with DWM or LB. Probably DWM since they offer EANx for truely XBT's.

(Q) What is your reason for Liquid Blue over Aldora?

(A) For highly experienced/advanced divers LB usually provides more flexibility & freedom.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

5615mike:
Still not sure if we will to with DWM or LB. Probably DWM since they offer EANx for truely XBT's.

offers nitrox with the larger tanks. I believe they offer both 100's and 120's in nitrox.

You will not be disappointed if you choose Liquid Blue. They deliver what they promise and will go out of their way to make sure you have a great time.

Doc & Christi

Will consider LB a bit more. I like DWM because they tell me that the nitrox divers all dive together. If nitrox divers and air divers are on the same boat then you can't take advantage of longer NDL as well as short SI. Thanks again.

Mike,

Be careful about taking promises like that to heart. I'm sure he does his best to group nitrox divers together, we all do, but that is a difficult guarantee to make. What if he only has 2 nitrox divers? Or what if you are the only one? Do you really think he will send an extra boat out? I don't think you have to worry about your bottom time being cut short with LB. Roberto and Jorge are both masters at profiling the dive appropriately so that bottom times are not limited. They also do very long surface intervals so that air divers in particular can offgas as much as possible before the second dive.

I hope this helps! Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom