Question Assistance in identifying this Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi
Sorry i got it wrong
Yes its a purus about 1978 75Lts/Min model P2B 225 bar or P2BH 300 bar
From all the photos i can not see any of a hamworthy filter system
It look as if you have 3 compressors
1 with honda engine
1 with old briggs engine
1 on ac motor [is it 3 phase or 1 phase ?]

The drive belt from crank shaft to cooling fan is
VB section 8X5X280Li
...one compressor, mid refurb.

Received another reply via e-mail - "To be very honest it’s not a job I would undertake, parts are very difficult to come by, unfortunately, unless it has some sort of sentimental value, in my experience refurbishing such an old machine is seldom viable or economical".

It is a Bauer compressor block (old Purus). When Mako first started out they sold machines with Bauer blocks. The filter tower is a triplex tower and uses the same cartridge as a modern Triplex.

It is a Bauer compressor block (old Purus). When Mako first started out they sold machines with Bauer blocks. The filter tower is a triplex tower and uses the same cartridge as a modern Triplex.
Thank you.

...just pure internet gold!!!

...a big "THANK YOU" to all, for your knowledge, expertise and input!!!

I'm absolutely new to the forum and your help is truly appreciated - Look where I am now, from not knowing what I had to possibly being able to give info. to an expert to strip and service - DAMN!!!

Be glad that the machine is not old enough to require the 7780 final stage discharge valve. They are no longer made.

Be glad that the machine is not old enough to require the 7780 final stage discharge valve. They are no longer made.
...just a massive 'Learning Curve'!!! ...challenges!!!

Looks to be a Mako pump. One of the pics doesn’t match. Did you start painting already?

Here’s the deal - surface supplied air is less than 200psi. This pump is set up to supply 3000psi+. You will be money ahead and safer getting the correct oilless low pressure pump and not messing with this one. If the Mako needs any repair parts, you will quickly exceed the cost of a low pressure setup. Memory is there are inexpensive choices for low pressure and even some comparisons on scubaboard.

Sell the parts from that one to cover part of your investment. For example, I might be interested in the yellow or blue filter housing.
...hey CG after everything the decision is to sell the compressor

Have you tried fitting a capitano final stage head on one of the old ones when the 7780 valve fails?

...I'm in South Africa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom