Ask For Scubapro MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank You very much for the answers.

I think I will go to Mk2 with G250V :).
Mostly i dive in warm waters. Based on the replies above, looks like those combination surely will me more than enough for me (Maybe I even does not need to upgrade the first stage ever... haha)

Regards
Christian

That statement is a lot truer than you know. The MK-2 had been around for at over 40 years and is still going strong. What most divers don't understand and shops don't know or will not tell you is that 99% of the performance of a regulator is controlled by the second stage, as long as the first is working properly supplying gas at a sufficent rate and somewhat close to the proper IP (pressure in the LP hose) the second stage does the work. The MK-2 or any similar flow by piston reg is easily capable of doing that very reliably so as long as you pair it with a good second stage the reg will perform well. If you were diving very cold water or under ice there are other considerations that would make the MK-2 a poor choice but for warm water, it is a great choice....and it's very easy to service to boot.

Actually, doesn't the MK-2 have a fair track record for cold water too?

Actually, doesn't the MK-2 have a fair track record for cold water too?

Actually this is true, probably not as freeze resistant as a sealed 1st stage, but better heat-sink properties than the balanced piston design, at least theoretically. And it's a fairly low-flow first stage compared to the BP design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom