Ask For Scubapro MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christian.Juanda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello fellow divers

I am a newbie in this topic, i want to ask you :
Can I pair a MK2+ first stage with a G250V or G260 Second stage?

Many thanks

Regards
Christian

That would make a great reg. The rock solid, dependable MK-2 paired with a good second stage, you will be hard pressed to do much better. Don't let anyone hand you a bunch of BS about the MK-2 not being balanced or not flowing as much as a more upscale model. While that is all true, it has no bearing on the performance of the reg in real world diving. The G250 is balanced which makes balancing the first stage irrelevant and true the MK-2 will not flow as much gas as other models but it WILL flow more than 2 excited divers can use so it matters not that it's max rate is lower.

I use a MK2 with my second regulator (as I dive in winter too, I have two first stages attached to two valves) It is good two stay within one brand. But you'll be fine with your setup as stated by Herman.

Thank you for the answer, seems it will be a good pair, MK-2 with G250V .

One more question, Can I use MK-2 with long hose for the primary second stage (comply with DIR)? Anybody have a experience using MK-2 with long hose?

Regards
Christian

Sure you can! You will be VERY happy with your setup.

G260 is the latest model from SP while G250 reincarnates in the form of Halo(H brand).

There is no issue using a long hose with the MK-2 or any reg for that matter....now wheather the DIR folks think the MK-2 is OK or not is another matter....

the MK-2 is a tried and true rock solid performer with simple design and simple maintenance. Coupled with a G250v/G260, it will be a very nice configuration, gaining the balanced advantage in the second stage.

The long hose actually makes the first stage's job easier, at least theoretically, by providing a higher volume IP chamber. This means that when you place demand on the regulator by inhaling, you are drawing from a larger reservoir of pressurized air, and the drop in IP is proportionally lower.

Practically speaking, I have never been able to tell any difference in the performance of my regulators (which include a MK2) between using a long hose and a short hose.

Thank You very much for the answers.

I think I will go to Mk2 with G250V :).
Mostly i dive in warm waters. Based on the replies above, looks like those combination surely will me more than enough for me (Maybe I even does not need to upgrade the first stage ever... haha)

Regards
Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom