Asiadivers diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

too much coffee this morning Pao? :wink:

What Spoon described in terms of his setup was pretty standard. I'll let the others chime in on the "best mix" issues...

But if you're all for SIDEMOUNTS... get this...
curttop.jpg

Last I knew, the DIR objection to sidemounts was only when not using anything on your back. Some cavers will have all tanks on the sides and nothing on their back to make it easier to squeeze through openings. It's really kind of hard to do deco without a tank at your side, never mind trying to have travel gas, bottom gas (doubles) then two stages of deco gas.

I agree that there's times when DIR methodology seems to go a bit far but they don't have any problem with some uses of sidemounted tanks.

pakman:
I'll let the others chime in on the "best mix" issues...

correct ka dyan ! "best mix" issue is different issue with a sidemount.

:D

ok ok i'll lay back down....

Halthron:
Last I knew, the DIR objection to sidemounts was only when not using anything on your back. Some cavers will have all tanks on the sides and nothing on their back to make it easier to squeeze through openings. It's really kind of hard to do deco without a tank at your side, never mind trying to have travel gas, bottom gas (doubles) then two stages of deco gas.

I agree that there's times when DIR methodology seems to go a bit far but they don't have any problem with some uses of sidemounted tanks.
simple.. they don't call em sidemounts....deco or stage bottles I think is the right term. They use em alright.

clgsamson:
what's that logo doing in your butt? Does say "sidemount in my @55?

the logo is a brand "ARMADILLO" they make sidemount harnesses

clgsamson:
what's that logo doing in your butt? Does say "sidemount in my @55?

"Caution - wide load" I know because my wife has one on the same place.

*ducks for cover*:joke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom