Ascent to under 1000 feet after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mposin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was looking at the NOAA tables for ascent to altitude after diving (thanks, Garrett). The lowest altitude specified is 1000 feet. After diving, I usually go directly to a house that is at 750 feet. Any thoughts about how long I should wait?

I think if your making a gradual acent you should be OK right away. The Diffence in ATA between sea level and 750ft is not that great.

.97ATA at 750 ft I think, someone might want to confirm this.

OOOps...didn't see that this was in the Dr. Deco forum(I picked it up from the home page). Hopefully I didn't step on any toes here.

If you look at the NOAA charts it wouln't call for a pause before a 1000ft ascent until you are J repet group or more... so just something to think about... if it were me, and I am a cautious type, I'd treat it as a 1000ft... but then again I don't end up a J or higher that often.

I wonder what Dr. Deco thinks.

Probably a direct ascent is OK. However, if one wishes to be conservative, rounding up from 750 [to the next table entry] would give you 1000 feet.:wink:

I would assume that if you rode the edges of the tables then be cautious. But if you dove conservatively it should be no worries at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom