Ascent Rates on Deep Air Deco Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackice once bubbled...
as part of the next steps of my training I'm doing advanced nitrox and deco procedures. with this we go to 45m.

is this classified as "deep"?

I realise that in an ideal world we would only dive with nitrox to 30m and trimix beyond 30m.

But training is a step by step effort and it seems that 45m on air in next step.
45m is pretty deep, IMHO. I don't see the point in doing it on air, but if you are doing it with the agency I think you are you really don't have to.

blackice once bubbled...
as part of the next steps of my training I'm doing advanced nitrox and deco procedures. with this we go to 45m.

I realise that in an ideal world we would only dive with nitrox to 30m and trimix beyond 30m.

But training is a step by step effort and it seems that 45m on air in next step.

I'd agree that 45 meters on air is deep... doesn't sound as though you have thermal narcosis to contend with but nevertheless, let's hope your step-by-step training quickly jumps you to intermediate trimix so that you can get off the air and get onto the healthy alternative :D

Someone also mentioned the changes in TDI's thinking on ascent rates... Many TDI instructors have adopted VPM as a standard algorithm and the acsent rates quoted earlier are much too fast for that model!!! Or for a Buhlmann!

blackice once bubbled...

Narcosis is but one problem, don't forget about deep water black out.

cnidae once bubbled...

Narcosis is but one problem, don't forget about deep water black out.
Lucky I ask questions, what is deep water blackout .. I've heard aobut shallow water black outs but not deep, is this any thing to do with oxygen toxicity?

O-ring once bubbled...

45m is pretty deep, IMHO. I don't see the point in doing it on air, but if you are doing it with the agency I think you are you really don't have to.
I agree I don't really have to go that deep, but I want to (but not on air given the choice).

Sorry for sounding blur but what does "IMHO" stand for?

blackice once bubbled...

Sorry for sounding blur but what does "IMHO" stand for?
No Worries....

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion

Take care
(going home to watch any world cup games?)

Doppler once bubbled...
IMHO = In My Honest Opinion

Take care
(going home to watch any world cup games?)
Is australia playing? I see it on the news but am much more an F1 fan looking forward to the next race this weekend, it's so close 2 points between the first 3 placed drivers.

blackice once bubbled...
Is australia playing? I see it on the news but am much more an F1 fan looking forward to the next race this weekend, it's so close 2 points between the first 3 placed drivers.

Yep :) Australia is playing! But their chances are not good... money seems to be on the Brits.

Changes in the F1 rules so seem to have made a difference... Monza will be exciting if it rains, otherwise, I think it's Michael Schumacher's to lose... whoops, we've highjacked the thread!

30 Feet Per Minute!!!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom