Aruba, should I take my gear ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronrosa

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to Aruba for a week with my non-diving wife.

I know Aruba is not considered a dive destination, but I read the diving is decent.

I'm bringing my dive gear, but haven't decided if I should bring my video gear and/or video lights. I use the lights on depths deeper than 60 feet and on night dives. I plan on diving everyday.

But I went to Aruba last year with my non-diving wife and dove everyday :)

The natural light is pretty good in the South Coast, so is the viz.

However, you may get some green water, poor light and viz at any of the sites of the West Coast, including the Antilla. If you're going to take pictures or shoot some footage, I would recommend you bring some lights as well.

There's a really cool frog fish at the Antilla.

Yes. Take the gear.

ronrosa once bubbled...
Going to Aruba for a week with my non-diving wife.

I know Aruba is not considered a dive destination, but I read the diving is decent. <snip>

Why don't you think that Aruba's a dive destination?

I would definately take my photo gear.

Peace,
Cathie

You can dive without a camera? What kind of a stupid idea is that.

Dave

I just got back from a week in Dominican Republic. Did 6 dives. Glad I didn't bring my video gear.

My rig adds a lot of weight and bulk to carry especially the lights. Basically I talking about adding suitcase.

I've read mixed reviews on the diving in Aruba. Which is why I asked the question.

Take it.

I am leading a group there in Feb. and it has wonderful diving. the Wrecks are great etc. Its a photographers paradise.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom