Article: Lionfish Karma: The Voracious Eaters get Eaten

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mselenaous gave me some of her lionfish during dinner on my trip to Key Largo. It was buttery and good.

:D

Sounds tasty!

This dinner was very tasty and educational as well as a fun time! I recommend everyone try lionfish. Hopefully REEF will host a few more of the yummy Lionfish Awareness events.

No need for all that fancy cookin'. LF are very good with simple shore lunch prep. Here is a clip from my first time.

Ate lionfish prepared in a butter sauce at El Foco in Cozumel. It was SO GOOD!

just finished 12 tanks on Molasses Reef at Key Largo and didn't see
a single lion fish and tons of reef fish ...in contrast to Negril two years ago where they were everywhere and reef fish quantity was submarginal

just finished 12 tanks on Molasses Reef at Key Largo and didn't see
a single lion fish and tons of reef fish ...in contrast to Negril two years ago where they were everywhere and reef fish quantity was submarginal

Thanks for sharing scorman! As bad as the lionfish situation is, the GOOD NEWS is that where lionfish are regularly removed, the reef fish community is a lot healthier. Hats off to the dedicated Key Largo diving community for cleaning up the reefs, especially the SPAs (Sanctuary Preservation Areas).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom