Article: Customizing Your Reg to Fit Your Diving Style

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't get it sam miller. There's nothing in the article that claims that these are new inventions or new to the diving world. While many of us have been diving a while, I see nothing wrong with pointing out some "comfort features" that may improve the diving experience, especially for new divers.

Actually looks to me like the author did do some homework, pointing out past issues with swivels and HP Miflex hoses, and the problem that some people have with the Comfobite mouthpiece. That last was news to me, but then I'm a n00b. I only cert'ed in 1979.

Hi Tep, it wan't supposed to be an article about new gear rather a how to article for divers not aware of products available to make their regulator more comfortable. Obviously you have been diving awhile and are aware of the products but new divers have not necccessarily been exposed to them. :)

Great article for someone like myself, a new diver who got my first new regulator (bought an older one previously).

I don't see the issue others have with hose protectors. I like them and they work well for me. I also pull them back and rinse and dry my regulator and I check these areas all the time before dives. Just seems like some are too lazy to look under the protector. Also while in storage I have them pulled away from the connections so the metal is allowed to breathe and not allow moisture to build up.

In the water I'm all for anything that serves to protect my reg from physical damage. The protector also keeps the hoses from bending too severe. I don't have miflex hoses and after spending money on a reg I will do what I have to to take care of my hoses and my life.

Hi Tep, it wan't supposed to be an article about new gear rather a how to article for divers not aware of products available to make their regulator more comfortable. Obviously you have been diving awhile and are aware of the products but new divers have not necccessarily been exposed to them. :)

I think that if you re-read my post we're in "violent agreement" :) Or you said what I was thinking, but better!

lol @ sam! Did u even read her article? Thank you sheri for the effort you put into this article very informative I have to bite my mouthpiece to hold it in, I always have so I never bothered with fixing it, but I think I will now after reading.

Back
Top Bottom