Arrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I had cable! Then I could eliminate DishNetwork! But alas... were are enjoying the quietude of country living.

I got home this afternoon and the DSL was crawling again... so I subjected myself to Verizon's musak... and sure enough... before I could get a tech on the phone the DSL lit up again.

He said, "Since there is no problem we can't help." It took him half an hour, a trip to the supervisors desk and a lot of words to say that.. but that is what it boiled down to.

hey now.... don't be baggin on DishNetwork.... they are the only network with Arutz Israel, Al-Arabiya, and Al-Jazeera, Univison, and BBC One all to one tv. Makes watching the news a real blast!!!

But then again cable modems are the best.

sometimes it sucks....and sometimes it dont......such is life

jepuskar:
UP, I hear ya man....here is my speed report I just ran from www.dslreports.com My download sucks...I am only getting 2.4mbps.... :eyebrow:
Well... I broke down, admitted defeat and asked my friend Carol (a Verizon DSL technician) to come over and help me. It was kinda like asking for directions while driving.

She walked in the back door and said... there is your problem. I had installed a phone filter backwards. :rolleyes: Actually I had a couple that way. :sheepishgrin:

So she put a line filter on my juntion box outside and I now have a straight run line directly to the DSL modem.

Actually, even though I did not have a compass nor depth gauge/bottom timer and with arms length viz ... the mental picture of where we were spatially and the unfolding time/depth profile were quite accurate. Your computer did well too. Three Fingers. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom