Army compressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tried all ways sends me to scubaboard or e-bid /compressor output 2000psi so some thing is wrong with it can you think of anything i can pass on to help the seller solve the fault?, 141hours logged run time .. quick throught will the filters need to be in place like some other compressors (bypass hole in base of tower filter)

On second look at this compressor -- it is a 3S4 compressor. It is indeed a Hamworthy but it is a 3 stage not a 4 stage compressor. They are notorius weak in the 3 stage and used ones sometime have difficulty pumping more than 3000 psi. Maximum rated pressure new is 4200psi
frogman62
sheldensportinggoods.com

On second look at this compressor -- it is a 3S4 compressor. It is indeed a Hamworthy but it is a 3 stage not a 4 stage compressor. They are notorius weak in the 3 stage and used ones sometime have difficulty pumping more than 3000 psi. Maximum rated pressure new is 4200psi
frogman62
sheldensportinggoods.com[/quote

The photo of the unit at the start of this link is a 4s4 not a 3s4

3s4 final stage faults [un due wear]
most times can be traced back to a worn top cross head pin or con rod bush.
this makes the final piston try to run out of line. also the final piston is not reaching the top of it stroke TDC.
its no good just replacing the worn piston /liner,it will not last long.
with the final stage removed,set cross head to TDC,the try to check for any play in the con rod top bush.
some mods have been done over the years and bushes are no longer used on top of both con rods.
any one that wants more info on mods to top bearings PM me

relisted on ebay.co.uk No.220229332323 or HAMWORTHY PURE AIR RECHARGING COMPRESSOR 8500p.s.i asking silly money now plus no word if fault is fixed ( NOT GOING TO BID) could buy new at that price

Back
Top Bottom