Army compressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phantomrfa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
seen this on ebay does anyone know anything about size of pump output/seller says its a hamworthy 4s4 mod cef 088

Attachments

• hamworthy 4s4.jpg
    hamworthy 4s4.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,069
Which army? If it was in the US, I'd say it was an American Bristol pump. They turn up frequently military surplus. Fairly small output, about 4 cfm. I think Scot bought the company.

compressor is a hamworthy 4s4-60
a small pump that is 4 stage
speed is 2400rpm
charging rate is 2.1 cfm or 1 liter/s + - 5%

some parts are hard to get hold of & cost for spares is very high
most are used for very high working pressure 6000psi 414 bar
as for the filters i cant help you
i think its a pure air unit not a breathing air unit
I have a manual for the pump if it helps

what type is" pure air" compaired with diving air (grade E)air . what is needed to bring this up to nitrox fill standards .if anyone has a chart of gas grades this would help,thanks for your time ..

Yes, it is an American Bristol pump it is rated at 2.4 cfm and parts are difficult to come by. I was an American Bristol dealer for over 30 years until Chuck Lameroux sold to Scott Air systems. I have two compressors that are the commercial model and some spare parts for this compressor
Check my web site: sheldensportinggoods.com
Frogman62

your link is not working:-www.sheldensportinggoods.com. the seller has taken it off ebay to make sure it works. I will keep your post and contact you when i have it.. thankyou

phantomrfa

Try again the link seems to work for others sheldensportinggoods.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom