Armed robbery at cenote'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Post this one on Playa del Carmen, Mexico's Virtual Guide Book : Playa.Info. Its the best board for the coast from Cancun to Tulum. The best way to stop them is to put some light on the incident. Armed robbery of tourists is something that the local police take pretty seriously in that part of the world. AND I agree with Daniel.

Oh wow how terrible....glad that no one was shot....

If the intent was to kill the helper but the bullets didn't work (lucky for him), why didn't they kill him some other way?

Did he see their faces, provide descriptions, can he id them?

While the helper's role seems suspicious, you never know and it's no fun to start accusing people who might be innocent.

What do the local police think?

I wasn't making any allegations or speculations about this specific incident, just noting that it is not uncommon for ruses to involve a insider "victim" that is in on the plot. The "victim" is close to the marks, has the opportunity to take inventory and determine if the op is a go or no-go, can assess how upset and determined for justice the marks are, is part of the ensuing investigation which not only lets them know where they stand but lets him guide the investigation down the wrong trail.

I trully don't think the helper was involved. I saw his face. He was traumatized. He also was a trusted employee of the dive op that brought us there. Plus he didn't know where he was going till that morning.
I am a cynical New Yorker. My dive buddy was a cop. I don't think he was involved.
Pilferage at this site had happened in the past, but this was the first time a gun was used.

Your call but sometimes the bad guys are good at what they do.

I quess I just don't want to think he was in on it

I trully don't think the helper was involved. I saw his face. He was traumatized. He also was a trusted employee of the dive op that brought us there. Plus he didn't know where he was going till that morning.
I am a cynical New Yorker. My dive buddy was a cop. I don't think he was involved.
Pilferage at this site had happened in the past, but this was the first time a gun was used.

I thought guns were illegal in Mexico.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom