ARGH! Tank rentals near Lake Pleasant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A certain dive store which shall remain nameless but rhymes with Port Manet apparently has a policy where they will not reserve tanks over the phone--only in person. This would work okay, except I'm in CA right now, and need to reserve tanks for a rescue course this weekend at Lake Pleasant--I don't want to risk not having tanks, even though there will 'proabably' be tanks at the store.

Anyone know any dive stores near Lake Pleasant, preferably near the 17? I want to at least try to reserve them over the phone...

Thanks!

Robyn

The closest to I-17 besides the aforementioned is Scuba Sciences on 1-17 just south of Dunlap Ave. The next closest would be Scuba Specialties at 43rd Ave & Bell Rd.

Since they're both my LDS's I have #'s handy:

Scuba Sciences 602-995-5926 or 800-WE-SCUBA
Scuba Specialties 602-504-1112

Actually it's possible to go by Scuba Specialties on your way out to Lake Pleasant (sort of) if that's a better option for you. PM if you need a map.

If you need to return tanks on Sunday, your only option is Port Manet or Oasis Divers
at 40th Street and Bell Rd. But they're about 5-6 miles east of I-17 - approx 15mi. or so from Lake Pleasant. 602.992.3093

There's also two "Sport Manet" locations near I-17 now. There's one at Happy Valley Rd. and I-17 and another inside Metrocenter Mall at I-17/Peoria Ave.

Thanks! We'll call Port Manet and Oasis tomorrow morning! (need to return tanks Sunday)

As Steve said if you want to return on Sunday, your choices are Oasis Divers, Sports Chalet or Tres Aquas. If it's a Saturday return add Scuba Sciences & Scuba Specialties to the list. I'd rule out SC in the mall, wouldn't want to lug tanks through the mall.

Give Taylor a call @ Oasis, I know he can set you up.

-Garrett

akscuba:
Thanks! We'll call Port Manet and Oasis tomorrow morning! (need to return tanks Sunday)

Wow. I'm dumb. Port Manet was my own joke, and here I am forgetting about it. I actually searched online for it, thinking "Gee, that's a really weird name for a dive store..." Well, that's karma for me ragging on the store I guess... :blinking:

I forgot to mention that Oasis is located just off SR51 very close to the loop 101 freeway so it's actually a pretty quick trip back to I-17 then up to Lake Pleasant from there. And they're good people...

There's a map on their website if you don't know Phoenix.

I forgot about Tres Aquas, they're even closer. Just a mile off loop 101 at 7th St. So if SC doesn't work out, try them
http://www.tresaquas.com/

sjspeck:
I forgot to mention that Oasis is located just off SR51 very close to the loop 101 freeway so it's actually a pretty quick trip back to I-17 then up to Lake Pleasant from there. And they're good people...

There's a map on their website if you don't know Phoenix.
The website is www.azdivers.com; 10 minutes from the shop to I-17/101

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom