Area between Jupiter and Boynton Beach, a potential manta ray nursery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lemme know when you're in town. Would love to give you a tour! :)

If you're ever taking an open group out beach diving in Hollywood (yeah I know it sucks these days but eventually the rain has to stop!), I'd love to join.

IF this weather ever cooperates..
geeesh..

Anyone seen any this year as we approach mid October?

Nothing this year in Hollywood. Did plenty of beach dives too..

I saw a manta in the spring at Boynton Inlet. I was coming back from snorkeling the rock piles in murky conditions and almost ran into it! My brain couldn't even process what it was at first and then it was gone before I really caught my bearings.

I saw a manta in the spring at Boynton Inlet. I was coming back from snorkeling the rock piles in murky conditions and almost ran into it! My brain couldn't even process what it was at first and then it was gone before I really caught my bearings.
I've stood on the inlet bridge and watched them nose in to the incoming tide and feed until boat traffic intevened

I've stood on the inlet bridge and watched them nose in to the incoming tide and feed until boat traffic intevened
I have seen them on several occasions while heading out of the Boynton Inlet. On one occasion, we were able to get in the water with one for several minutes. That was off old Underwater Explorers with Kevin and Wil.

I have seen a manta while diving in Boynton Beach just once.

Spring migration to the North along the beach happens in the spring.
Schools of cobia follow and it's common to see boats following the rays targeting the cobia.
I had a fall dive in SC where I saw a manta, 2 spotted eagle rays and several southern stingrays all in the same dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom