Are zip seals worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockband2005

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was thinking about having the zip seals put on the FLX50/50 I am buying. It seems like a good idea, but are they as good as advertised. It seems like they would just be another failure point on the suit. But they would be very convenient for the dry gloves and the fat that if i broke a seal i wouldn't have to send it in for repair.

If you are just looking to use latex seals and wet gloves, then go for it. And get the neckseal too if you can fit your head through it.

I pretty much use drygloves exclusively. I like the zipseal idea, but I just wish I was able to take the zipgloves off easily during surface intervals without taking the top off (or part of it).

I currently have zipseals and zipgloves on my CLX. The only reason I got the zipseals was so that I could try to mount DC rings to the suit. It works, but it adds length to the cuff. I'm going to give the zipgloves a few more dives, but I think I might just have the DC rings permanently attached to the suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom